Did someone say... Play?!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
We got a break in the rain, and the dogs get to let out some pent up energy!

And some shots I thought were cute from that day...

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow Jairi, your dogs are jacked.

And the Boston Terrier looks so out of place, haha. They are all absolutely beautiful dogs and it's obvious that you take extremely good care of them.

Cass

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks Cass! :D
The boston is one tough cookie! I need to make a video of the vicious noises she makes, and how she grabs the other dogs' tails and yanks on them lol She's a dirty player lol

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You're welcome to come use it :D lol We have 9 acres here.. and then a park right behind us through some woods. It's a lovely location!

Edd Eskimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
2 V. 1 in a game of tug-o-stick...I think that's kind of unfair don't you:}...Great Pics! I wish I had that many dogs and a yard 2!!!!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Javi, do you know how hard it was to actually GET that picture? lol She kept sticking her head through the railing, for half a second then moving up to the next railing lol

Edd - Hey, I didn't make the rules! lol :p I sit back and watch.. it's pretty entertaining, because they each have their own style.. and somehow, it all fits in!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What a lovely pack you have! Also a great place for them to run, too! It's stuff like this that make my job enjoyable.

Want more of a handful, get a Malamute. ;P

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks! :D

I do love the nordic breeds... but finding a working breeder these days is hard, and I don't want a ball of AKC show fluff :p
When I take my trip to Alaska, I plan to visit some sleddog breeders.. I'd love to have an entire sledding team! lol

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Teal, I think I need to come visit and get my dog fix from your crew {D They are just too darn cute, and I miss mine like crazy (lost my old lab a year ago to old age, and my insane border collie mix, 8 mths ago to a neurological condition.)

Since Im not working as a tech anymore, I rarely get to see dogs. Also, the place we are in at the moment, I wouldn't feel right having a dog here, its not big enough (at least for any breed I would want lol.)

So keep posting pics, I will live vicariously through your pack for now ;)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Shell - You are welcome to come vist ANY time! :D The dogs would love yet another new person doting on them lol
I rarely bring people to the house anymore.. the dogs steal the show lol

But ya know, my crew does fine without a huge yard... as long as you give a dog plenty of exercise (and there are LOTS of ways to do so indoors in small spaces!) you can have nearly any breed in a place that seems too small for a dog :)

Shell

Staff member
Shell - You are welcome to come vist ANY time! :D The dogs would love yet another new person doting on them lol
I rarely bring people to the house anymore.. the dogs steal the show lol

But ya know, my crew does fine without a huge yard... as long as you give a dog plenty of exercise (and there are LOTS of ways to do so indoors in small spaces!) you can have nearly any breed in a place that seems too small for a dog :)

LOL yeah for sure, we actually have a big backyard, just a small house. I have trained dogs (mostly your "fave" :p Labs) for years but I just feel guilty having a bigger dog in a small place.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Then get something lazy! :p lol When I want a bunch of lounging housedogs, I'm going to get greyhounds!

You know me and labs... we're best frie- no, no we aren't. lol

Remember.. dogs used to live in dens! They enjoy having a small, comfy home and then an outside "world" to range :)

Shell

Staff member
Then get something lazy! :p lol When I want a bunch of lounging housedogs, I'm going to get greyhounds!

You know me and labs... we're best frie- no, no we aren't. lol

Remember.. dogs used to live in dens! They enjoy having a small, comfy home and then an outside "world" to range :)
hahaha everyone has their breeds, and I totally understand :)

I love greyhounds, I really do, but right now Im actually leaning towards adopting a bloodhound. Big yes, but all the ones I have known have been super lazy in the house, perfect for us. Plus they love kids so much, and my son with his autism doesn't quite understand dog body language (working on it, he is getting better.)

I have always loved the look of them, and the fact that once you get them out, they have energy. They can keep up with me, and then lounge around in the house :)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Bloodhounds are awesome! I plan to have one (or four :p) in the future, and do tracking/SAR with them.

You might try getting in contact with the service dog agencies that provide dogs to autistic children, as well... they might have tips for you on what sort of dogs (personality, behaviour, breed, etc.) would be really good around your son :)

Shell

Staff member
Bloodhounds are awesome! I plan to have one (or four :p) in the future, and do tracking/SAR with them.

You might try getting in contact with the service dog agencies that provide dogs to autistic children, as well... they might have tips for you on what sort of dogs (personality, behaviour, breed, etc.) would be really good around your son :)
I have considered contacting service dog agencies. My first pick is and always will be your "fave" ;) My old boy was beyond good with my son, and I've never had one that wasn't. They are just a tad "hyper" when young to keep in such a small place. Plus, Im not quite ready for another one after losing Quin. Be hard to fill that old boy's "paws!"

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks Joe! :)

My only problem with labs these days, is that mostly they are being show bred or crappy bred without care for temperament. Hunting bred labs are cool! lol

Shell

Staff member
Thanks Joe! :)

My only problem with labs these days, is that mostly they are being show bred or crappy bred without care for temperament. Hunting bred labs are cool! lol

I agree, even though they are "my breed" I have issues with alot of the breeding myself.

The breeder I co-owned Quin with, does show his dogs, and does breed the stockier body type labs. However alot of his dogs multitask in hunting and field trials and all the like also, or they are sold to hunting only homes and never see a show ring. The breeder has been breeding them for 30 years, and I'm always amazed at just how much care and thought goes into his breeding routine :)

There are waaaay too many backyard lab breeders, and Im really picky about where I would buy mine from. Working as a tech for 7 yrs, I saw so many piss poor examples of the breed, it disgusts me.

Im not trying to hi jack your thread, but here is my old boy (have had lots of labs, but this was my baby, I joked he was my sons older brother.) He was a chocolate, but always looked black in pics :)

I tried to find a good body shot, but my photos are organized so badly on my computer I would have been searching all night lol

Attachments