ball python: proven escape artist

iluvcreepystuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My new 3 1/4 foot ball python escaped early this morning.
My dad said he was woke up by a bang and went to see what it was but didnt see anything out of the ordinary.
I woke up and Oscar was gone!
So im like this:eek: :eek: :eek:!
Well I looked around and found him under my sis's old baby crib not a foot away from his cage.
Thank god!!
The bang was a 5 lb piece of wood I had holding the lid down because I couldn't find the clip things.
I was wrong he lifted it and was on his way.
Don't substitute those clips with wood it don't work lol!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Glad you found him!

My BP escaped one time in the middle of the night.. my mum found him on the top shelf in her bathroom the next morning LOL

Rabid538

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Snakes are extremely strong, never underestimate them on that. I have a small 3' ratsnake, and I have clips as well as maybe 50lbs worth of books on top of the enclosure. After my last snake died in the process of escaping I am taking no chances. Ball pythons are especially strong and amazing escape artists.

erika357

Arachnopeon
BPs are definitely escape artists. I don't even trust the cage clips all the time. Depending on the kind of cage you have you may want to consider putting some hook & eye latches or even some sort of lock. I have a wooden cage and a couple hook and eye latches did the trick!

jesters22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i wonder if i should put more then my 3 little pieces of duct tape holding down my cage top on my 3' foot bp...

Faing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Want to know fun? Try pulling a 5' rat snake out of a couch :D We had to flip the couch over and cut a hole in the bottom to reach it to get it out. That just made my day :eek: *oops* but he was okay, and that's all that matters