Pulling sac...........?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
SEARCH

Just kiddin'. ;)

It would be a good idea to check the breeding reports though, or (yeah, yeah) use the search tool to pull other threads where this same question is asked.

Tally-ho.

--Joe

Big Red TJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
SEARCH

Just kiddin'. ;)

It would be a good idea to check the breeding reports though, or (yeah, yeah) use the search tool to pull other threads where this same question is asked.

Tally-ho.

--Joe
Hey Joe are you in need of Deputies???;)

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
At least it's not a mentally absent question like "How often can I handle my chilean rose hair?".

I pulled my P. striata sack at 25 days. I had 1 bad egg. The other 175-200 (I have not counted them) are progressing nicely. At 25 days, they were all Eggs with Legs.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
At least it's not a mentally absent question like "How often can I handle my chilean rose hair?".

I pulled my P. striata sack at 25 days. I had 1 bad egg. The other 175-200 (I have not counted them) are progressing nicely. At 25 days, they were all Eggs with Legs.
I'd love to see some pictures of a pokie egg sac with 175-200 eggs! :eek:

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd love to see some pictures of a pokie egg sac with 175-200 eggs! :eek:
Like I said, I haven't counted. It's a rough guesstimate going off of my last few sacks. I will email you a photo here in a min.

It is from the female that I purchased from you. She is massive. Let me know if you decided to count.

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got around 205 give or take 1 or 2. That's nearing my biggest pokie sac ever. :clap:

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got around 205 give or take 1 or 2. That's nearing my biggest pokie sac ever. :clap:
Haha, I got 187, but it was fuzzy and hard to see a few.

Post that pic if you don't mind. I don't have a photobucket account or anything.

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kyle,

How many days did you pull that at? Obviously much earlier than 25.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
boys will be boys, all about whos have a bigger sac :rolleyes:
It dont mater how big of a sac I usually take from the mother n day 26-35 give or take, also depend on Spp

un33dit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It dont mater how big of a sac I usually take from the mother n day 26-35 give or take, also depend on Spp
LOL :clap: You know it!

-Gary

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I guess the point is, the is no real method that's set in stone. Incubation methods and preferences play a huge part in when to pull it, so you'll have to make part of that decision on your own.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well thanks, there goes a perfectly good gulp of ice tea. {D{D{D

What were your temps for hatching, Smitty? I thought 25 was early. Live and learn, huh? :)

Hmmm, I guess it's ok as long as the fluid has been dried/absorbed or whatever..certainly wouldn't take it on day 1.

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What were your temps for hatching, Smitty? I thought 25 was early. Live and learn, huh? :)
My room varies between 78-81 degrees. I have noticed that most of my sacks are 5 days ahead of the average timeline between stages. I'm not certain why, as I believe my temp range is not uncommon compared to others.

I don't care about the size of the sack. Everyone knows it's how long your fingers are that matters. ;)