Jungle Love

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And it's about TIME, too!

I had to clean out the cage that is currently housing my male Jungle Boa and a female Pastel Boa, and decided to place them on my bed while I cleaned the cage. I didn't realize when I picked them up that they were "having a moment", lol, until I'd placed them on the bed and realized what they were up to! I'd seen a lot of courtship behavior, but this is the first time I have actually seen them "stuck". I am hoping that her coloration and his pattern will show up in the offspring. He's got a really neat pattern with the typical Jungle abberancies, but he's lacking in the color dept, making me wonder if there's not some CA Boa in there.

They were pretty oblivious to my intrusion into their privacy and continued to go at it the whole time I was cleaning their cage.

pitbulllady

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh this is too risque for my tastes! JK

Nice snakes! How big are they? I'd love to get a boa someday

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh this is too risque for my tastes! JK

Nice snakes! How big are they? I'd love to get a boa someday
The male is between 4 1/2 and 5 feet, and the female is a bit closer to six feet. This is the first time either has been bred. Both are very mellow, sweet snakes, typical BCI's. I've raised the male from a baby-got him in a trade for a parrot. I got the female from Bill Albright down in Summerville, SC.

pitbulllady

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The male is between 4 1/2 and 5 feet, and the female is a bit closer to six feet. This is the first time either has been bred. Both are very mellow, sweet snakes, typical BCI's. I've raised the male from a baby-got him in a trade for a parrot. I got the female from Bill Albright down in Summerville, SC.

pitbulllady
ooooo i just want one even more now lol

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very pretty snakes!

I don't know all that much about snakes.. are they the same species, or are you hybridizing them?

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very pretty snakes!

I don't know all that much about snakes.. are they the same species, or are you hybridizing them?
Yep, like ScottySalticid said, same species, different color morphs. Both the Pastel and Jungle morphs are co-dominant mutations, so that means that at least some of the babies, IF it "takes", should exhibit both traits. Boas don't have as many morphs as the Ball Pythons-YET-but there are several, and these two species of snake represent a large part of the reptile industry.

pitbulllady

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Convenient that you placed them on the bed! Sort of ironic in a way with that sort of behaviour.