New project.

pearldrummer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Decided I'm am going to attempt to breed this beautiful species next year when my male is large enough.

Lampropeltis mexicana greeri also known as durango mountain kingsnakes.

My male "Sion"

My female "Sasha"

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Lovely! I am not sure that I've heard of this species, but they have cool markings :)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Beautiful- I've been thinking about getting my first snake and I was pretty sold on Lampropeltis getula nigritus, but now I'm torn:?

pearldrummer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Amazing snakes.They are adults???How big are they???

Thanks the female is an adult she is about 36'' the male is from 07' and not fully grown he is only about 24'' they generally don't get much larger than 3-4'

These guys are usually smaller than most king snakes.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Zon Bon:

If you get one of these beauties, Make sure genetics are sound. Alotta mixing with Hypo's and Albino's of other species, unless that doesn't bother you. Durrango's I feel, are the prettiest of the Northern Mexico Milks/Kings,
Prettier to me than Texas Bandeds..........I just never happened to aquire one.
Thayeri's {quite variable} are *nice* as well.

My 1st snake was a Cal-King: King of Californian snakes. Always reminded me of "Sand-Worms". {Beetleguise}

Stunning pair Pearl! Thank you 4 visuals - Jason

Last edited:

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think i found what i want to get next time i look for a snake :D

they look almost like cornsnakes in a way. they look like they would be excellent to breed with the colors on them.

good luck breeding them in the future.

pearldrummer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think i found what i want to get next time i look for a snake :D

they look almost like cornsnakes in a way. they look like they would be excellent to breed with the colors on them.

good luck breeding them in the future.
Thanks just make sure you get a non crossed one like sharpfang said. Last reptile show I was at had a pyro crossed with something looked almost exactly like a greeri.

If you get one of these beauties, Make sure genetics are sound. Alotta mixing with Hypo's and Albino's of other species, unless that doesn't bother you. Durrango's I feel, are the prettiest of the Northern Mexico Milks/Kings,
Prettier to me than Texas Bandeds..........I just never happened to aquire one.
Thayeri's {quite variable} are *nice* as well.

My 1st snake was a Cal-King: King of Californian snakes. Always reminded me of "Sand-Worms". {Beetleguise}

Stunning pair Pearl! Thank you 4 visuals - Jason
No problem :) My first snake was also a cal-king!