reptile ebay?

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
http://www.reptileauctions.com/index.php

what do you guys and girls think of this?

i was looking through websites to start up my reptile breeding again in the future and found this site im calling "reptile ebay" :D

anyone ever used it or thought of using it? i wanted to ask if anyone has to see how good it is for buying and selling herps and maybe inverts

pearldrummer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
http://www.reptileauctions.com/index.php

what do you guys and girls think of this?

i was looking through websites to start up my reptile breeding again in the future and found this site im calling "reptile ebay" :D

anyone ever used it or thought of using it? i wanted to ask if anyone has to see how good it is for buying and selling herps and maybe inverts
Seems like it would be really great for unique or rare animals.

iluvcreepystuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I ran across this site about 2 years ago.
Ive never bought or sold anything though.
I have noticed though that every time I am thinking about buying a reptile I click on it and it always says that the bidding has ended for this auction on every one of the animals ive looked at:?
If so shouldn't they take it off of the list of for sale animals:mad:

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
Reptileauctions was formerly reptibid and has been around since 2005? at least. Listings sit there forever. The site is confusing too. They gave me some free credits when I started and after using those I finally managed to sell a couple of other things and couldn't figure out how to pay them the .35 or whatever I owed. Never got an email bill either. Guess they don't really want the money. The site has super low traffic, and has been all but abandoned IMO. As for items not being there when you want them, if you have an auction and extend it out the maximum number of times (under the edit function), you eventually lose the ability to edit the auction, and since it will auto renew up to like 25 times, your auction could auto relist for months after you have completely forgotten about your ad.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Reptileauctions was formerly reptibid and has been around since 2005? at least. Listings sit there forever. The site is confusing too. They gave me some free credits when I started and after using those I finally managed to sell a couple of other things and couldn't figure out how to pay them the .35 or whatever I owed. Never got an email bill either. Guess they don't really want the money. The site has super low traffic, and has been all but abandoned IMO. As for items not being there when you want them, if you have an auction and extend it out the maximum number of times (under the edit function), you eventually lose the ability to edit the auction, and since it will auto renew up to like 25 times, your auction could auto relist for months after you have completely forgotten about your ad.
That's why I primarily look at Kingsnake. Though it is not a "bidding" site, it leaves you the opportunity to talk with the breeder/seller to make a decision. Not feel pressure to possibly purchase because an auction is ending. When it comes to animals, there really is no sense in rushing decisions. Anyway, regarding Kingsnake, traffic is VERY high, and the number of people selling on there is enormous. If you are looking for a specific animal, chances are it is on Kingsnake.

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
That's why I primarily look at Kingsnake. Though it is not a "bidding" site, it leaves you the opportunity to talk with the breeder/seller to make a decision. Not feel pressure to possibly purchase because an auction is ending. When it comes to animals, there really is no sense in rushing decisions. Anyway, regarding Kingsnake, traffic is VERY high, and the number of people selling on there is enormous. If you are looking for a specific animal, chances are it is on Kingsnake.
Yeah. I was just trying to give a little background on how long reptibid has been just as horrible as it is today.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i always found kingsnake to be confusing in a way though, because i never found out how to find sellers in my state (if theres anyway to at all)

so its not a good site huh? i kinda got that impression looking at how the auctions always said closed

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
i always found kingsnake to be confusing in a way though, because i never found out how to find sellers in my state (if theres anyway to at all)
There might not be a way to search by location (most say on the title page though), but most animals are shipped anyway so it shouldn't matter. If you want to buy local your best bet is a reptile show.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There might not be a way to search by location (most say on the title page though), but most animals are shipped anyway so it shouldn't matter. If you want to buy local your best bet is a reptile show.
oh i know that i normally go to the northern berks reptile show.

i have no problem with shipping because i used to breed reptiles (only stopped because of the economy) and i know how it works its just i sometimes like saving money and just getting the animals, which gives me the chance to talk to the owner and to drive. (i dont get out of town often and like driving to new places)