treating abrasions in snakes

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have recently run into a problem with my female African egg eater.

She has developed a few abrasions. The first one on her back it appears the outer layer of the scales was scraped off and they turned a light grey color. Seems she scraped it on a hide that was since removed(or from the male biting her during mating). Just yesterday I noticed scales that have appear to have been rubbed to the point of all pigment being removed(they are white). These appear as a white patch on the side scales near her cloaca region, a few of the anal scutes abovethat area appear sort of worn as well. I have since removed the male in case he had anything to do with this.(being rough?)

I've heard of various treatments such as leaving the snake alone to applying Neosporin, dilute betadine, etc.

Thoughts would be apppreciated.

Also husbandry info would be(in case this could possibly be husbandry related)
-dry coir substrate. A few branches and coconut hides(one of the coco hides developed a crack that resulted in a sharp point that I believe may have caused the original abrasions). Removed most of the branches also. Perhaps these should be replaced with fake plastic vines?

-temps around 76-90 through tank. She spends most of her time in her hide on the cool side

-water available in small dish at all times. This she drinks fair frequently. Since this is a dry adapted species no humid hide is provided

-she shed successfully for me once and the abrasions started upon adding of the male(perhaps more movement from being pestered)

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
neosporin is all I have ever used. Never raised african egg eaters so no husbandry info from me.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well she shd last night and the back abrasions healed. The white stuff was quite powdery and resulted in a tear in the shed/smell when it was released. It all rinsed off this morning minus a speck or two so I think it was uric acid caked onto the scales.