Curious Kitten

SweetCharms08

Arachnopeon
Okay, so I have a cat at my house, her name is Millie and I've had her for about six years now. She's bipolar, i swear! One moment she'll love ya, then the next, she'll be hissin and clawin at ya. Anywho, my fiance and I are going to be getting a new house sometime in the near future, and I'd really love to get a new kitten. Only problem is, She's a very anti-social cat. She still doesn't like my fiance yet and he's been here living with my parents and I since Christmas. So, should I risk getting a new cat? Or should I just leave her home with my parents?​

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I would get the new kitten when you move. Then after a week or so bring your old cat over. That way they are on semi-equal grounds. Kitten knows you love it, but they are both in a new environment.
You probably wont ever get them to really get along, but they will eventually "tolerate" eachother.
I had a cat that HATED every cat and every human alive!! She would tolerate other cats, after she hissed at them and swatted them to let them know she didnt want to be bothered. She must be related to yours.. I swear she is psycotic...

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cats can be very, very territorial and it can lead to them killing each other if left to their own devices.

Do you let your current cat outside at all? Bringing in a new kitten, could cause your current cat to leave and never come back if the cat has access to the outside.

If you can leave the cat at home with your parents, and she'll be happy there.. I don't see why not. That way you can get a new kitten, and still get to see your old cat. Some animals just can't live with other animals.

SweetCharms08

Arachnopeon

LMFAO omg that's so hilarious xDD the only problem is that i'd have an.... interesting time... trying to get her into one of those xDD i'd probly become a human scratching post o_o. lol anywho, as for the rest:

It would be a good idea to get a new kitten and new home then bring Millie home a few weeks later, cause i know she can tolerate cats, but it takes her a LONG while to get used to them. and she is not spayed or nutered and she is NEVER allowed out side unless we bring her camping, (usual she's just out side from the length to go to and from the vehicles), other than that she stays inside most of her life cause, believe it or not, i think she actually has a phobia of going out side.