Something wrong with my bearded dragon...

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I was giving my bearded dragon some water just now and noticed that the tip of his tongue has turned blue. It's never looked like that before - usually it's pink with a little bit of yellow at the tip, but now it's yellow and blue.

I called the vet and they want me to bring him in, but before doing that I thought I'd check the internet first.

First I googled the problem and all I got were pages about blue-tongued skinks. Then I went to the bearded dragon forum that I frequent but the site was closed down for some reason.

So now I'm asking for help from the awesome people of arachnoboards. Any reptile experts out there who might recognize this problem?

Herpetologydude

Arachnosquire
Hmm thats interesting, I've never experienced anything like that and I've been keeping beardies for about a decade now. Please be sure to let us know how your little guy is and if it's anything to be concerned about.

lindsey crashed

Arachnopeon
this sounds pretty normal to me... most of my dragons have had pink and blue mouths with a yellow tip. if the vet finds everything normal, i wouldn't worry about it!
good luck!