japalura!?

Eclipse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just wondering, are these a new species?? I had never seen or heard of these guys ever in my life until 2 days ago. I went to a pet shop here and they had a "japalura" for sale. For its activeness and pattern I'd expected $30 for something like that, but it was only a mere $13. They look and behave similar to a water dragon except that they have much more of a pattern. Do any of you guys own one? I might get one considering how cheap it is. Might give me a change to do something with my empty tank.

8by8

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Like you said, there pretty much like a water dragon (got two), but dont get nearly as big. Semi-aquatic, semi-aboreal. I would get a pair if I had any space.

Eclipse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cheaper and smaller version of water dragons then. I might get some once I have room and money.

8by8

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would say a 40 gallon tank, with a large water bowl (or something) to swim (and poop) in, about 4-6 inches substrate and multiple climbing surfaces will do good for a pair or trio. They do how ever require UVB lighting to process calcium. Fun personalitys.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Is that the lizard Petco is calling "tree dragon"? They were very pretty, I almost picked up one when I was thinking of what to put in my 55 gallon a long time ago. Wound up with two brown anoles instead, lol.