Beardie problem

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've notice one of my beardies seems to be carrying food in the bottom of her mouth. I've never experienced this before with them. Has anyone else experience the same?

lindsey crashed

Arachnopeon
how long does she carry it and how much?
one of my male dragons will stuff his face full and let all of the food chill in his beard a while before he swallows bits at a time... kind of gross, but thats what he does..

Herpetologydude

Arachnosquire
I've notice one of my beardies seems to be carrying food in the bottom of her mouth. I've never experienced this before with them. Has anyone else experience the same?
My Male Beardie of 10 years Mo (Rest in Peace) used to do this alot with bigger items like pinks when I treated him to them :) He'd chew em up a bit and let em sit for a little before gulping them down haha :)

alex12holms

Arachnopeon
Please help me with my beardie!!

I got a bearded dragon a while ago and it is almost 2 now. i had it since it was a baby but never handled it that much. now, when i want to play or put my hand in his cage he starts freaking out and hissing and puffing up. I really want a happy friendly bearded dragon and was wondering how to tame him to be more realxed and friendly. Hope it is not to late!

lindsey crashed

Arachnopeon
probably too late.. not handling him as a baby was your mistake.
i would not be surprised at all now if he bit the crap out of you when you tried to handle him... which makes the whole process of trying to tame him very difficult and stressful to you and the dragon.
sorry!

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got a bearded dragon a while ago and it is almost 2 now. i had it since it was a baby but never handled it that much. now, when i want to play or put my hand in his cage he starts freaking out and hissing and puffing up. I really want a happy friendly bearded dragon and was wondering how to tame him to be more realxed and friendly. Hope it is not to late!
There's lots of info on that in this thread:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=172874

Cass

bitzy1

Arachnosquire
from time to time my berdie does that take a towel place it over his body and grab him. he should calm down soon. carefull though beardies have a nasty bite!
my beardie also stores food at the bottom of his mouth its pretty common it is usually beacause the meal is to hot or to cold dont worry.