PDA

View Full Version : the favorite out of your collection

the new guy
11-12-2003, 01:24 AM
mine is my g. rosea, eugene. ive had eugene for a little over a year. just a 4.5" teddy bear. though i can already tell that the avic. avic. that i bought today will be a great addition to my collection. its a very timid t.

Bearskin10
11-12-2003, 01:39 AM
I could not pick a favorite, Everytime I think this one is I have to say but then there is that one:D

the new guy
11-12-2003, 01:51 AM
well, as of today, i only have 3. so its really not that hard to pick the favorite.

eleven_68
11-12-2003, 02:10 AM
I only have one...It's my favorite, my least favorite, the most colorful and the dullest, the ....... you get the idea :) It's an E. Campestratus. (I'm sure most of you know that by know)

heyjeyniceid
11-12-2003, 03:11 AM
My WC Aphonopelma Chalcodes female. Ive caught quite a few, but this one stole my heart.

I love this species and feel that it is quite underated. AWSOME coloring (in person), SWEET attitude ( lays almost completely flacid when picked up). Not 1 hair flicked

when I get my digicam, Im gonna make an A. Chalcodes appreciation thread.

Telson
11-12-2003, 04:01 AM
I can't pick an overall favorite and stick to the decision either. :? They're all just too kewl in their own individual ways.:D

manville
11-12-2003, 04:03 AM
yeah i agree..i cant pick my favourite...

Bearskin10
11-12-2003, 04:26 AM
Well, I think I will expand on my answer, First off it is hard enough to pick a favorite Genus, One day it is Grammostola or brachyplema and the next its Avicularia. For me lately it has been Psalmopoeus, After you figure that out then which of that species, to many of them are just to cool. And last of all there different personalities. Just to much to decide, I think it is almost impossible after you have around 10 :confused: Greg

Grael
11-12-2003, 04:40 AM
gotta be my first! Nova!

manville
11-12-2003, 05:23 AM
I love that t a lot..nice necklace you got there..

Grael
11-12-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by manville
I love that t a lot..nice necklace you got there..

ty if you seen her latest pics shes like 5 inches now :) and i love my necklace too lol worn it non stop for 2 years now

rosehaired1979
11-12-2003, 09:10 AM
If I really had to choose my fav it would be my newly molted Juv. Chaco Golden Knee :) She is so doctile and sweet :)

L_mactans
11-12-2003, 09:12 AM
Lorelei, my 6" B smithi. I have had her for over 5 years, since she was just an 1" in size. She is wonderful with working the demonstrations when I do them b/c she is so docile and colorful, and has no apparent issues with people handling her. She has changed many a person's mind about Ts and I am very proud to have her.

Kelly (L_mac)

Code Monkey
11-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Of the individual spiders in my collection the one that I like the best is my sub-adult female N. coloratovillosus, she's gorgeous, a fantastic hunter, and quite the spunky beast.

Palespider
11-12-2003, 10:35 AM
I don't know about picking a favorite, but if I had to sell all of my collection and could only keep one T it would either be my female L. parahybana or my female T. blondi.

Just because, IMO, they are everything a T should be; fast growing, get huge, never-ending apetites, and the attitude to match ;P

If I could keep two the other would probably be a Pokie because they're so fascinating, and to have something pretty to look at :)

Jim B.

abstract
11-12-2003, 10:40 AM
I've gotta go with my 6"+ Psalmopoeus Cambridgei:
1> Never seen a threat
2> Easily coaxed out of her container
3> Great Personality - somewhat skittish, overall quick, curious, and jumps intermittently
4> Beautiful build - the Psalmopoeus' spp. long legs are AWESOME! Plus, their foot pads are so round; it's like hourglass legs.

The ONLY drawback to this spider is, I've never seen it eat. Had it for about 2 months, but it won't eat anything when i'm around. Or at all, as far as I know. I find the crix dead a few days later.

chuck
11-12-2003, 12:07 PM
mine has to be my first tarantula, my baby girl, Betty the B.smithi. had her for a year and a half, grew about 3" in my care, to a total of 4+". she never gave me a threat posture, and always eats. i guess its not only b/c shes my first T but b/c shes my first female T as well, like a father/daughter relationship. :}

sunnymarcie
11-12-2003, 02:15 PM
If I had to pick just one, thats hard to do:D

I guess it would be my A avic "Boots"
He eats like a madman and is fun to handle.
Never wants to go back in his jar:D
A regular "kitty cat" at least to me:)

Mojo Jojo
11-12-2003, 03:25 PM
A. geniculata was my favorite while it was still in my collection.

Out of the spiders that I have (A. purpurea, A. versicolor, C. brachycephalus, C. fimbriatus, 2 C. cyaneopubescens, Psalmopoeus cambridgei, and Psalmopoeus irminia), I am most captivated by the A. versicolor, P. cambridgei, and C. brachycephalus.

Jon

Crotalus
11-12-2003, 03:29 PM
I must say my adult female Xenesthis immanis, awesome spider! Color, size and a ferocious appetite!

/Lelle

Longbord1
11-12-2003, 03:35 PM
my usumbara it is so fast and soooooooo cute AND ORANGE!!!! and an aptite like a shark it ate 3 adult crickets and its only 1.5-2 inches

Buspirone
11-12-2003, 03:42 PM
I'll go with Usumbara too, I watched mine sink its fangs into a male orange head roach and literally hold on and ride the roach around the enclosure until the roach succumbed to the venom. It was an impressive display that lasted about 5 minutes. I wish I had a video camera. I never felt bad for a roach before until I watched that.

dennis
11-12-2003, 04:05 PM
My favorite changes about every day, and my todays favorite is ... Psalmopoeus pulcher! It's only a 1.5" but the little bugger is just awesome!!

Bearskin10
11-12-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by dennie
My favorite changes about every day, and my todays favorite is ... Psalmopoeus pulcher! It's only a 1.5" but the little bugger is just awesome!!
I need one of those, Even though I can not pick my favorite T, Like I said the Psalmopeus is currently my favorite Genus and I NEED THEM ALL :D Greg

BigSam
11-12-2003, 10:00 PM
mine is my all time favorite, all you should know by now is my B. Boehmei, here is a pic of it.

Sam,