Melanistic (all black) penguin discovered!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow. Very pretty. I saw an alligator on a zoo show that was the complete opposite. No albino; the eyes were black.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That Pic was amazing!

Thanx for sharing the one-of-a-kind Link :clap: - Jason

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He is at great disadvantage as predators would have a much easier time spotting him w/o the countershading camouflage. Looks like he is doing great though.

Smack me for saying this but that would be a neat zoo specimen.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I googled melanism with pictures and man saw a bunch of animals all black you would never expect, like deer,birds,lion,fish,porcupine,lizards, even a lemur!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I wonder if he gets many glances from the ladies with his different coloration?

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow. Very pretty. I saw an alligator on a zoo show that was the complete opposite. No albino; the eyes were black.
the zoo here has one of those white gators on display. This one was on tour for a long time, then when our zoo finished the kingdom of then night, we got it. :D They're really cool!

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I googled melanism with pictures and man saw a bunch of animals all black you would never expect, like deer,birds,lion,fish,porcupine,lizards, even a lemur!
i have seen albino lemurs but never a melanistic one. if you find that picture can you link to it.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Zon Bon

He's Missing his Tux, So He's the Barry White 4 the ladies......

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the zoo here has one of those white gators on display. This one was on tour for a long time, then when our zoo finished the kingdom of then night, we got it. :D They're really cool!
That's cool. I think their was a white deer once that was taken into a sanctuary because it was in an area a hunter wouldn't have resisted it.

A little off topic, but I turned mosquito larvae blue with Pepsi when I was a kid. :D