More Naughty Bluey Pics!

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As if the last one wasn't enough. This guy seems to like all my lady blueys!

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
is her side all red from him biting her? i was sorta confused when i came into this thread...dunno what i was expecting..

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is her side all red from him biting her? i was sorta confused when i came into this thread...dunno what i was expecting..
She is typically a bit more pink than the others, but she was a bit pink from the males excessive biting during this pairing. Blue tongues are quite calm pets when it comes to handling but they are not friendly when it comes to breeding.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sign me up for some little'uns when they come! :D These guys are too cool

ShawnH

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I looked into keeping blue tongued skinks but I found out they weren't communal so I lost my interest.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I looked into keeping blue tongued skinks but I found out they weren't communal so I lost my interest.
That may be an understatement:). They are very rarely able to be kept even in pairs. They are quite violent when breeding as well. The male bites the female quite a bit and as soon as they are done, she'll turn back on him and attack him! It is much worse if you make a mistake and put the male with an unreceptive female. Many keepers have breeder blueys that are lacking tail tips, toes, and in some cases, feet. Wonderful pets that can be quite docile toward people, but they are best kept in their own enclosure.

ShawnH

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah that's exactly what turned me off about them, I have this beautiful terrarium that would be perfect for a group of lizards their size and sadly I can't figure out what to put in it.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I plan to have a giant enclosure with a pack of Ackie monitors one day!

But I could settle for just one blue tongue :D