11 Siberian Tigers Starve to Death in Chinese Zoo

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Not good

Cass,

Sorry to see this and it really sucks! One would think there would be some sort of network of support between large zoos to keep this sort of thing from happening. Alas, + figuring in the state of world economy, it appears this isn't so.

So sad to see,

Terry

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Agggh! I hate to see crap like that!
actually would prefer see '"hungry Siberian tiger ate the Chinese zoo keeper"'
yep, Am that kind of people

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the tiger populations in the world are fine. its in the wild where its a problem problem. you can buy tigers for less than many akc dog breeds. Now if only people would start worrying more about genetics then breeding those stupid white tigers....
Yes, I meant the wild. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention :)

Cass

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The saddest part is that some of the body parts of the dead tigers are going to end up on the tables of some of the zoo employees or passed on to friends to sell in the black market. As they said the zoo was cash-strapped and the unfortunate reality there is that in China the rarest animals are worth more dead than alive. Intentional starving so they could auction off the body parts to the highest bidder? Who knows.

tarantulaholic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Something fishy about this chinese zoos, I wont be surprised if those tigers ends up skinned, bones sold for medicines, tiger tooths for charms. Tigers worth a crap load dead. Chinese government should burn the dead tigers to ashes, just incase they were killed for black market.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dido. I would burn the dead tigers so they don't feed the black market.

Seriously, they couldn't get scraps people won't eat from butchers or the fish market? Maybe find some flesh that would have gone to waste anyway.
Too bad they couldn't give them to offshore zoos...

Edd Eskimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow.. This just inspired me greatly.. We should throw some of those Zoo keepers in a cage in our local Zoos and feed them chicken bones to see how they would do.. Maybe they will last longer if we starve them for a few days First and then give them one bone to fight over? Survival of the fittest baby..And if anyone dies we can sell their kidneys on the Black Market..

funguy@heart

Arachnopeon
Poor kitties

Aren't Siberians endangered? Looks like the Chinese were jealous of Whale Wars. Tiger meat is $2000 a lb. Exoticmeats.com or something. Looks like somebody just made a lot of $$$. They suck.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I can't imagine that there was too much edible meat on those kitties after they'd died of starvation. All the medicinal parts were probably still sellable though. Bones, teeth, organs, penis, hide... Yeah, i'm pretty disgusted with this story.