Has anyone bred H. Gigas?

heyjeyniceid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
before I get into my question though, I know that alot of Hysterocrates are often labelled wrong and I was wondering if it would be a detriment to the offspring if two different yet similar species were their parents?

as far as my question goes, has anyone managed to breed h. gigas? Does anyone know how many spiderlings usually emerge from their eggsacks?

heyjeyniceid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"The 'feeder' ran off , over and past other T's, who only looked interested in crickets. "

so does this mean the tarantula ran off over and past other t's or the cricket?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by monantony
Well I didnt breed it, it was WC and it dropped. However I think they are easy enough to breed. As far as different parents, thats always a risk - 'hybridising'. Its something you risk in a species like this when there is no clear definition of what you have. And in the case of the eggsac, I think I pulled it at 20 days and incubated it.
For some reason I cant find the <little> records I have, but off the top of my head I remember over 300 offspring with almost zero 'no-shows'. People out there remember me giving away 20 at a crack, I still have what appears to be 8 3"ers in a 10 gallon tank. I assume there was cannablisism, and possibly escape too. I found one 2.5" behind the cat litter. Apparently the 1/4" gap was excessive and they roam quite a bit out of the burrow at night! I did report in a thread I fed a mass of crickets and in one instance saw one spider come up from behind another feeding and try to get under him and take the cricket. No attempt at killing its sib at all. The 'feeder' ran off , over and past other T's, who only looked interested in crickets.
T
Jeez Tony,

Feed those things a little more. :) I had one hook out on me already. I think the other 3 that I have left are all females..... :)

Scott

heyjeyniceid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Monantony,

what size was the female that dropped the sack and did she look gravid when you bought her?

heyjeyniceid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OH! thats about how big mine is. I wonder if theres still a possibility of her dropping an eggsack? ive had her for about 2 months now.

how long did you have yours before it dropped?