reticulated wonders(:

bitzy1

Arachnosquire
i am recently doing a project on the mighty regal python, i need pictures and as much info i can gather on the retic. all photos would be grately appreciated. and please dont tell me that the anacanda is the worlds biggest snake:) i already know alot but much more is needed. thnx bitzy1;)

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In terms of the biggest snake - it depends on whether you're defining big as long, or as thick. I believe retics get longer than anacondas, but anacondas get thicker/bulkier.

Retics are common enough that a Google search would do plenty. It would also help if you kind of specified what info you're looking for. Size? Environment? Range? Temperament? Also, are you aiming your project towards retics in the pet trade, or in the wild?

Cass

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
uh, so by regal python (royal?) it sounds like you're referring to the ball python (Python regius). Reticulated python (Broghammerus reticulatus) is a different creature entirely.

Just to get this straight, are you basically asking us to do the research for you? A simple google search of "reticulated python" will give you all the information (and pictures) you're asking for.

Cowin8579

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great posts.

How old are you bitzy? This sounds like a good project. I would search for pictures online, because even IF someone on this forum owned some reticulated pythons... the pictures may not be very natural.

Also, if you are wanting to talk about the largest or more accurately the longest snake in the world, you might want to discuss whatever the world record is. Back in the day, it was 32-34 feet for a retic. I saw an animal planet video of a giant "Pet" retic in a zoo in Asia. They were claiming 42 feet, and they fed it weeks with stray dogs.

You are a sharp one Jay. That is highly specific, compared to just feedback as Python reticulatus.

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also, if you are wanting to talk about the largest or more accurately the longest snake in the world, you might want to discuss whatever the world record is. Back in the day, it was 32-34 feet for a retic. I saw an animal planet video of a giant "Pet" retic in a zoo in Asia. They were claiming 42 feet, and they fed it weeks with stray dogs.
I've seen that footage. That snake was nowhere near 42 feet. Just typical animal planet hyperbolic sensationalistic exaggerations.

You are a sharp one Jay. That is highly specific, compared to just feedback as Python reticulatus.
huh?

Cowin8579

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You mentioned the exact name for what is considered a sub species of the reticulated python. At first, I didn't know what he ment. 10 years ago, the only latin term associated with the retic was P. reticulatus.

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Broghammerus reticulatus isn't a subspecies, it's the whole reticulated python species. A couple years ago Python reticulatus was re-named Broghammerus reticulatus, phylogenetic research indicated that the reticulated python group needed its own genus.

bitzy1

Arachnosquire
Great posts.

How old are you bitzy? This sounds like a good project. I would search for pictures online, because even IF someone on this forum owned some reticulated pythons... the pictures may not be very natural.

i am a very young reptile lover. i am 13... yup thanks for the posts everyone, but i have already been through EVERYTHING on goolge, but its NOT ENOUGH INFO. if you are wondering why a child is operated on a website preferable for adults, i have dreams of beacoming a herpotoligist when i am older. and jay i know that regal is also related to the ball python but i also heard it is short for the mighty retic. this research is all about the reticulated python, i need information on how it obtains food, its habitat(where it is located), reproduction, and how or if it evolved. i already know so much like, the reticulaed is a ambuse predator and how it has glottis to breath while eating. i also know it is mostly found in southeast asia. i am looking for more of wild pictures. it can be a tiger retic or anything else. thank you and i would prefer if some of you would atttempt to not be so rude, i am so young and have a lot to learn:) thnx
bitzy1

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
i am a very young reptile lover. i am 13... yup thanks for the posts everyone, but i have already been through EVERYTHING on goolge, but its NOT ENOUGH INFO. if you are wondering why a child is operated on a website preferable for adults, i have dreams of beacoming a herpotoligist when i am older. and jay i know that regal is also related to the ball python but i also heard it is short for the mighty retic. this research is all about the reticulated python, i need information on how it obtains food, its habitat(where it is located), reproduction, and how or if it evolved. i already know so much like, the reticulaed is a ambuse predator and how it has glottis to breath while eating. i also know it is mostly found in southeast asia. i am looking for more of wild pictures. it can be a tiger retic or anything else. thank you and i would prefer if some of you would atttempt to not be so rude, i am so young and have a lot to learn:) thnx
bitzy1
Hi Bitzy1 and welcome! There is nothing wrong with being young and having a thirst for knowledge(this forum is for everyone, regardless of age, by the way;) Don't worry about the rude behavior, either. You'll see that here from time to time. Just ignore it. We're all here for the same reason. Regarding the information you're looking for: If you go to www.worldcat.org you can search for books on reticulated pythons in your local libraries, which will most likely be better quality than what you can find on the internet anyway. Good luck!

bitzy1

Arachnosquire
Hi Bitzy1 and welcome! There is nothing wrong with being young and having a thirst for knowledge(this forum is for everyone, regardless of age, by the way;) Don't worry about the rude behavior, either. You'll see that here from time to time. Just ignore it. We're all here for the same reason. Regarding the information you're looking for: If you go to www.worldcat.org you can search for books on reticulated pythons in your local libraries, which will most likely be better quality than what you can find on the internet anyway. Good luck!
wow thank you for your information and helpful advise. so far you are the friendliest person. hopefully we keep in touch! thnx
bitzy1:)

Cowin8579

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice Jay. I left the reptile hobby about ten years ago, and haven't been up to date on the Taxonomy.

bitzy, what other information do you need? Or do you just want pictures?

bitzy1

Arachnosquire
Very nice Jay. I left the reptile hobby about ten years ago, and haven't been up to date on the Taxonomy.

bitzy, what other information do you need? Or do you just want pictures?
i basically have all the writting done now i just need some non google pics i have already seen all the google images.

Cowin8579

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't use google pictures, that is a waste of time.

Search for reticulated python pictures, and scroll down through the websites, and save the pictures directly on the website.

Even just searching for the snake species will provide good pictures.

bitzy1

Arachnosquire
Don't use google pictures, that is a waste of time.

Search for reticulated python pictures, and scroll down through the websites, and save the pictures directly on the website.

Even just searching for the snake species will provide good pictures.
thank you you are a great help since i am new is there any way on deleteing a thread?