feeding

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
i purchased a chilean rose on friday night, and i was wondering, when should i try to feed him/her. also how much should i feed at a time, ,how many crickets?

thanks

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
how big is she?
crickets are fine, dirty, but fine. anything over 4" i give them 2 crickets at a time.
feed her when she's settled in...moving dirt, putting up web

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
she's about 1.5 - " across,

what can i feed besides crickets ? (i keep crickets for my lizards, so i will always have crix available).

which is the best option to feed her?

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
measure from top right to bottom left

you could use worms, but not every T will take worms, seems to be an aquired taste.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by moricollins
she's about 1.5 - " across,

what can i feed besides crickets ? (i keep crickets for my lizards, so i will always have crix available).

which is the best option to feed her?
Crickets are usually the staple diet of T's.To that you can feed mealworms,superworms,waxworms,pinkies and feeder lizards.Just feed according to her size.You don't want to drop a feeder lizard into a small t's cage...it just may turn the tables on your spider and injure or even make a meal of it.Remove any uneaten or leftover food within a 24 hr period...peace..

JBoyer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feed my T's of similar size large crickets with their legs pulled off. (or their heads crushed) Makes a great big meal for a little one and is cheaper than buying small crickets or worms.

Jennifer

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
SHe ate yesterday, it was sooo cool... totally surprised that poor cricket, i gave her two more after the first one and i can't find any of the crickets (or their remains) in the tank, so i'm assuming she must have eaten them all. :)

thanks everyone for their help.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
There will probably be some bolus left over. Small balls of uneaten chiton that they'll neatly put into a corner or some place out of the way.

My rosie will make a very neat stack in the corner. One time I watched her stacking them and they kept falling down and rolling away. She kept going back and picking them up pushing them back with her toes and would not stop until they were all neatly stacked in the corner.

Some T's are perfectionists :D

And congrats on your new pet :)
Jim B.