Our new "family" member

eleven_68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We finally received our new T! It's our second and we've only been at this for three weeks now. Kinda makes me wonder where this is going...She's in wonderful shape, but lost alot of her urticating hairs in the paper towel she was transported in. I'm hoping that she'll molt soon since she's missing a leg. Leg I on the left is gone. The shop owner didn't have any molt records for her but she didn't in his shop so I'm hoping that one is coming up. She's currently stuck to the wall of her cage and won't come down, but I think she'll settle in with time. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

eleven_68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
#2 of 2

picture 2 of 2 - she's a little easier to see here. You can see the whole area of hairs missing and the missing leg.

Attachments

eleven_68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
fatty

I have no idea if she's fatter than normal...I've never owned a Pulchra. I did notice that she has a large opisthosoma. I thought that it might just be the species though....if anyone knows, please fill me in!

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I guess it's a pulchra thing then ... All my spiders are kinda 'slim', but my pulchra is quite the fat-ass.

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Baby got back...very nice! After she molts WHOA BABY!!!

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: fatty

Originally posted by eleven_68
I have no idea if she's fatter than normal...I've never owned a Pulchra. I did notice that she has a large opisthosoma. I thought that it might just be the species though....if anyone knows, please fill me in!
*sigh* I could post pictures of a fat pulchra, but it only brings up huge debates about how unhealthy it is for me to feed my girl like I do...

Perhaps most pulchras ARE fat...I am impressed. Very nice T!!!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I don't feed my pulchra any more than the other Ts, and she is FAT!
So, it must be a pulchra thing!

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
I don't feed my pulchra any more than the other Ts, and she is FAT!
So, it must be a pulchra thing!
That might be the reason "pulchra" and "pulchritude" are so similar. =D

Greensleeves

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
seeing the second pic I'd bet a molt is comig REEEEAAALLY quick, maybe in the next week... Be prepared. The but is naked, and has got that shiny-greyish colour which is a pre-molt sign. raise the humidity a bit and give her a nice warm and quiet place :D