spinning away

eleven_68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was wondering if anyone could tell me a reason why my G. Pulchra is spinning webbing everywhere she goes? There is a visible trail around her cage where she has walked today. It is her first day at our house. I don't know if she's marking territory, in shock or hungry. Maybe all three...if anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated.

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My G. rosea does it all the time, but especially when she's out sitting on my lap. Her little spinnerets are always working. Her cage substrate has a nice layer of web too, which helps her to catch food since she seems to feel the vibrations on the web more strongly.

I think webbing Ts are cool - just enjoy what comes naturally! =D

Greensleeves

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is normal, alot of slings do this, not sure of the exact reason, but normal behavior.

Andy

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by eleven_68
I was wondering if anyone could tell me a reason why my G. Pulchra is spinning webbing everywhere she goes? There is a visible trail around her cage where she has walked today. It is her first day at our house. I don't know if she's marking territory, in shock or hungry. Maybe all three...if anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated.
All spiders leave a dragline of web when they walk. If your tarantula is walking and you put your hand on the dragline, they will stop walking or turn around and see whats behind them...