L. parahybana sling

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anybody else have Tony's LP slings? I'd like to see pics for comparison if you have them. This one just molted a couple days ago.

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow thats huge already mine are with jcohen999 it loks like ur may be a male. mine or his is about 3/4 inches thats a biggy already
mike

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have 3 others that are all close to the same size....they will be molting over the next week. I do think that the front legs are really long. It just got the dark coloring and the salmon pink hairs on its legs and abdomen with this molt. It has an attitude and a half.

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Holy Moly....What the heck are you feeding those guys? I am a bit of a power feeder my self and the 2 remaining ones I have a only about 1.5" and still translucent which I suspect to be at least 2 molts behind yours.

I will post a pic tonight.

Regards,
Jeff

avmaviator

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

My parahybana molted last night, but i got it from Art. Could be a parahyna molting time, hehe.

Arno

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by jcohen9999
Holy Moly....What the heck are you feeding those guys?

Gut loaded crickets(main diet), superworms, orange head roach nymphs, beef heart and silkworms. I just try to vary the diet as much as I can. I'm hoping to grow out a BIG female and the only thing that I can control that might affect size is the nutritional intake.

Last edited:

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i bought a 2 incher like 2 months ago and urs is already bigger than mine wow!!!! it dosen't wanna molt
mike

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The front legs are extended in the pic so it looks larger than it really is but so far mine have been molting about every month to 6 weeks.

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Geez! The ones I have left (9) are only 1.5''. I'm feeding twice a week. They're starting to darken up for another molt......

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's one of my other slings thats pre-molt and its the same size and color that the first sling was prior to molting.

Last edited:

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so mine is at that level but the ones i gave to jeff are so much smaller!!!
mike

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by monantony
Well well well
This will make an excellent study in terms of POWER feeding vs. lean feeding. I would love to see how these guys do as adults, both in terms of ultimate size and even longevity.

T
How big were the parents?

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll try to report future growth and development in this thread. I hope others will do the same. :)

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is the second sling that I posted after it molted.....

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well another molt....almost two months since the last one. It just molted this morning so I may post another shot in a few days.

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Yours is a lot bigger than mine are. I just took this pic. This is the largest of the 9 slings I still have. It's a molt ahead of all the others (molted twice in a 14 day period). It's about 1.75". I feed all my T's once a week and the room is kept at 70 degrees.