P. antinous mating attempt

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha that's funny...did you see if he was able to insert at all?

Jake

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh ok nevermind...I posted too soon...havent seen the 3rd picture yet...

Jake

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
what its like to be a virgin, at least the female was patient....unlike their human counterparts ;P

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
at least it was from the side, and not from the back :D
I've noticed if the females really want to mate, they will be very patient with an inexperienced male. If they don't, no amount of experienced coaxing will coerce them!

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
at least it was from the side, and not from the back :D
I've noticed if the females really want to mate, they will be very patient with an inexperienced male. If they don't, no amount of experienced coaxing will coerce them!

Are we talking humans or spiders?;)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
hmmm, come to think of it...that statement DOES represent both =D =D

webspinner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man, I didn't know that the females wher brown. I sure hope that my sling is a male.:confused:

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is fantastic, antinous is one of my very favorite species and there are absolutely not enough of them being bred. I hope you get a big, giant eggsac. Let me know if you get slings from her, I will definitely be interested in some.

Adrian

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I recall digging up a website with pictures of B smithi and P ruffia [spelling?] doing it wolf spider style [the male lays atop the female twists her abdomen somewhat to the side and reaches over and inserts his palaps [spelling?]]

*tries to dig it up*

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by webspinner
Man, I didn't know that the females wher brown. I sure hope that my sling is a male.:confused:

Some of them (both genders) turn brown or even reddish as they progress through their molt cycles. I have heard that humidity can play a role in this, but I can't confirm this. I have had some that have turned brown pretty soon after a molt, while others did not. It's not even consistent with each individual spider. Hopefully she makes a sac before she molts

This is a pic of another one of my females next to her molt to illustrate this....

Attachments

Last edited: