Mouth crud again

JBoyer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
About a month ago I had a B. smithi that had a string of white coming from her mouth. Quarantined her, and she is still quarantine, not tonight I see the same type of white string coming from one of my G. rosea juvies. If this mystery gunk somehow goes through my whole collection I am going to be one seriously ticked of woman. I can not afford to send them off to bodisky and I am sure that it is probably the same type of infection. The smithi has not eaten since I first saw the gunk. I really just needed to vent and also ask what any of you think about what else I can do to protect the rest of hte collection.

Thanks

Jennifer:mad:

bodisky

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Jennifer!
Can you handle them enough to get swabs done? Thats better than nothing and may be very helpful. Cheaper to send off in the mail. Overnight to Larry would be 8 to 12 bucks depending on the weight. I will send you what you need including the ice packs. You will just have to swab and send to Larry.
Kerry
RIESM

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Has it been proved that that thing is not caused by food?? It could be your food source...

JBoyer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am feeding all of them crickets, I do not rais the crickets but buy them and feed immediately. I could probably swab them however the white 'gunk' is not always present. Will that matter?

Jennifer

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Have you ever noticed the white gunk shortly after a feeding?

Jon

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
uhh, don't ask me, I dont have a clue.... YET!

That's not nematodotes is it???

JBoyer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it is usually a day or so after feeding. What might that indicate?

Jennifer

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've had a couple of Ts that had mouth crud usually after a feeding and never displayed any symptoms associated with the nematode/bacterial infection. A microscopic examination of the white paste showed what appeared to be a unicellular yeast but no nematodes.

The B. emilia was the first with this and she has since made a full recovery.

I had an A. avicularia that was doing this as well, also appears to have made a full recovery.

I tried to get swabs but, naturally, after getting the swab kit the A. avic recovered.

This is in sharp contrast to the B. emilia I had which died about a week after the mouth and anus plug appeared which leads me to believe there is another cause of mouth crud, probably a yeast, and usually harmless in the long term.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was thinking that it could be semi-digested cricket guts.

Jon

JBoyer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The Krud is very white, I do not suspect it to be any semi digested food. The that originally got this stuff has not eaten since it first appeared and seems to be losing weight.

Jennifer

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it could be dried venom or dried digestive enzymes. CM what did u do to help ur avic recover i have just required one today and it has some and im very scared what should i do!!!
when i gave it water it instantly started drinking and some of the crud fell of into the waer like powdery little specs.
mike

JBoyer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I find it very interesting that this is such a common problem lately. I am wondering if the change in seasons has any effect on T infection or problems? Seems like an epidemic!~ I hope that of of hte inflicted T's do not die as a result of what ever ails them. I will be really angry if I lose a bunch of T's!

Jennifer