Queston About my A.Seemanni.

Edinkira

Arachnopeon
This is my first Burrowing T, and I built him an underground tunnle + chamber so he could use it if he would like, or if he didnt like it, he could build his own. turns out he loves this thing, im just very curoise, as to how I am going to clean out his Burrow?? and how often? I figured once a month? to remove food remains and waste. the burrow I built for him will be very easy and simple to get back to how it is now, but I am wondering what if he builds his own? im going to feel very bad to just destroy it,, im sure they put alot of work into their homes. also wanted to know if he will get upset if I reck the current webbing in the burrow he is in now?

thanks for any help. im kinda new to T's. its alot different from my BallPython Project and stuff..

Tyler

Also, is there a very easy way of telling the sex of my A.Seemanni?

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mine never really attempts to burrow... he pushes dirt around like crazy, but never burrows. and no there is no easy way of telling except when it molts

Edinkira

Arachnopeon
its very close to a molt right now, his ass is starting to get a dark spot, and he is very dull and grey in color.

I also had another queston I forgot to put up above, at my local pet store, they have a "Sunburst Baboon" I really want to get a Usambara, but these look alot alike , are they the same species??? is sunburst just a common name for the Usambara?

ArachnoPapa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is widely believed they are the same but different color morphs and they are both common names. You might want to check the bite reports and they are fast. There venom has some bad side affects. Pterinochilus sp. or Pterinochilus murinus

Last edited:

ArachnoPapa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would not bother the T's burrow for at least 4 to 6 months. Though you will need to change the substrate depending upon the the condition and circumstances that may come. T's are very low maintenance till you get ALOT. Keep a shallow water bowl with a constant supply of water. And your type of T is notorius for pooping in the water dish(white stuff), dumping it over, or putting dirt in it. These T's do like to burrow but not all will. I have one easy to hold and fun to work with. I have another named phycho, name fits, very fast and agresive. It is exactly the same for my B.smithi's. My point they have there own traits/personality.
Just like snakes.

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Should'nt be necesary to clean it's burrow, T's does this themself, You will probably find food remains outside the burrow entrance after a while, also if it molts inside the burrow it will usually throw out the old exuvium(spelling?) after a while.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would only worry about cleaning it once or twice a year. All the ones I have had would atleast remove all the food remains.

T's are neat freaks. It's just your job to be their trash man and pick it up where ever the leave it.

Jim B.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
John, my seemanni does not burrow either, never has and I've had her for about 4 years.

Andy

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
I had those little white thingies swimming in the water dish so I changed out the peat and then my seemanni went to town digging a new tunnel where I'd started one for her. She delayed before and the soil got too hard for her to dig effectively.