Insertions

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Okay now a question as Im confuesed. When Tarantula's mate will the palap bee fully inserted? so the 'boxing glove' is entirly in the tarantula? my first mating attempt [g orsea's mizm's male and my female] The male [lanky] lifted her up and drummed on her belly a moment before placing his pedipalp [orwhatever its called I hate my memory] on her stomache it didn't look like it went in but sat right where the entrance is-covering it actualy- and it sat there for awhile before he withdrew it and placed the other in the same location

SubZero

Arachnopeon
if you look closely at the palps, you should see a structure that looks like a stinger on a scorpion, this "stinger" is folded backwards and is only turn outwards when the male is ready to insert, only the tip of this stinger is inserted, like a scorpion when it sting its prey, hope that helps a bit

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats what I thought but was unsure from several [miss insetion] pictyures I've seen lately so I'd have to say that the insertiosn were seccessfull for my breeding attempt ashame she isnt showing any signs of gravidness...[if Im lucky kellygirls male wioll change that ;)]

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah here's a picture...

I was looking at it under the microscope on Monday, shame my newby skills made me crush part of it with the damn lense after only ten minutes or so :mad: Ah well, I have one more left (From a dead spider)

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know nothing about T's, but wow, that looks painful! Do they ever use those for protection?

Chris

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nope, it's highly fragile, and once broken, the male can't really reproduce, therefore being redundant and nauxyfloccinihilapilificated (Any excuse to use what I remember of the longest word to mean useless :D)

It's only about 2mm in length, and tucks away. Think of a snail shell for a similar texture, or the little yellow 'balls' you find in peat