Any news on the "spider spasm syndrome" ?

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Argh... Sorry to be so vague, but I've forgotten the term for it, and I can't find stuff searching through the forum.

I recall several cases of spiders continuously twitching and having severe lack of adhesion when climbing or moving, and generally being quite inert.

Anyway, I ask because my Poecilotheria pedernsi is exhibiting such behaviour... The legs randomly tapping underneath it (it doesn't curl up, but doesn't move around and can't seem to climb). The spasms where similar to those int he videos supplied.

Probably just me being over-cautious, but still, any info would be appreicated.

Oh I plan to make a video of it's response to being poked ('tis only a spiderling) once I get another set of rechargeable batteries

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think my avic had this to before it died it had a crust in its cloaca a white crust check ur pokie for the butt plug of doom.i would touch it and its legs would swing around and it wouldn't move anywhere

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my T. blondi di this before it died. when it moved the legs would flail about and didn't seem like it could go in any particular direction it just kinda moved its legs and hoped for the best. mine did this after I fed it a wild caught bird. so I assume it was some type of pesticede the bird was exposed to. did you feed it anything wild caught, or spray anything near it. like hairspray or cologne. mine died three days after it started showing symptons which was a month after I fed it the bird so I don't really know if that was the cause or not but it was the only thing I did differently to it that the rest didn't get.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

Originally posted by deifiler

Argh... Sorry to be so vague, but I've forgotten the term for it, and I can't find stuff searching through the forum.
>>klick here<< + "cramps" or "syndrome" or "virus" or "bacterial" or "out of control" or "pesticids" or ...

all the best,
Martin

----------
Ein chinesisches Sprichwort lautet:
Wenn Du einen Menschen einmal satt machen willst, gib ihm einen Fisch.
Wenn Du einen Menschen auf Dauer sättigen willst, so Lehre ihm das Fischen.