curly moulting again :)

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
woke up this morning and my curly is on his back again :)

This will be the 4th time he has moulted since ive had him, he's about 3 1/2 to 4 inch at the moment so hopefully he will get a better size after this moult.

I lightly misted the opposite end of his enclosure for him, but didnt take any pics - didnt want to disturb him too much.

well, Im at work now so have to wait till I get home to see how he is doing - hopefully everything will have gone ok. I'll post some pics of him in his new skin if it did,

cheers,

Stu.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How long have you had it? At the 3 1/2-4"size the molts should be taking longer between them.

Andy

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ive had him since around april this year - I think he was maybe around 1 1/2 inch when I got him

I guessed that 4 times in this amount of time is a lot of moults at that size - maybe he is being fed too much? I know he is the only one of my T's who has NEVER turned down food apart from when a moult is due.

Also how fast do these guys grow? and how long will it take to reach maturity? I'm 95% sure that he is male.

cheers,

Stu.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That's some pretty serious growth for a Brachy, but they're supposed to be quick growers along with B. vagans and I would add B. angustum to the list of fast growing Brachy's as well.

Hopefully my guy will grow that fast. He's only .5 inch.

Jim B.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My curly is a female and around 5", I have had her almost 2 1/2 years and she has molted twice. The last 2 molts did not show much of a size increase though. They grow fast when they are slings, but slow considerably as the size increases.

Andy

JBoyer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have found that the male B. albopilosum molted much more often than my female. He reached maturity very quickly where the female took much longer. Just my experience though.

Jennifer

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
got back from work last night and the moult went fine :)

looks like I was right too about him being male.

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I also took a photo of his previous moults.

The sizes are pretty rough but he grew from:

2 inch to 2 1/2 inch
2 1/2 inch to 3 1/2 inch
3 1/2 inch to 4 1/2 inch

since april this year.

Not sure of the dates he moulted as I never recorded them.

dunno what size he is now as he was still curled in the corner this morning so didnt want to disturb him till he hardens up.

Cheers,

Stu.