Is this P. irminia or C. cambridgei?

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cambridgei. I'm pretty sure irmina would be showing the colors at that size.

Wade

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
UNLESS it's a mature male, I would say cambridgei.

Doesn't look like a pulcher, but might be a reduncas, or some sort of hybrid.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by abstract
UNLESS it's a mature male, I would say cambridgei.

Doesn't look like a pulcher, but might be a reduncas, or some sort of hybrid.
Definately not a pulcher. I'm pretty sure that reduncas are just plain brown w/ orange mustache. I got it from a VERY reputable dealer, so I don't think that it would be a hybrid.

Jon

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like cambridgei. I have a P. irminia that is about 2" and it looks rather different than the T in your picture.

Later,

Jake

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just judging by how leggy it is I'd say it's a cambridgei. Looks like one of my girls when they were growing up.

Jim B.

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
I got it from a VERY reputable dealer....
Gotta ask...if you got it from a reputable dealer, why are you wondering what it is?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I know my Psalmopoeus and that is a definite cambridgei! my 2 slings are the same size!

James

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Gotta ask...if you got it from a reputable dealer, why are you wondering what it is?
That was sorta my reaction. I am going with cambridgi. My 1.75" plus irminia has almost full color.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Irminia show their colors way smaller than the T pictured. What you have is cambridgei.

Phil

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BigD,

I don't know what that is in the picture, but the irminia I sent you has looked the same since she was about 1 1/2-2" in legspan, and she never looked anything like the spider in the pic.
It does look like a Psalmopoeus, but I'm at a loss past that.

What did the dealer say it is, and what do its parents look like?

-Garrick

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can tell irminia from cambridgei from the time they emerge from the sack. It is cambridgei for sure.

Phil

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mix ups happen -- thats life. It wouldn't be too big of a deal for someone to accidentally send out a P. irminia for a P. cambridgei. However, if you start sending out hybrids, that is inexcusable.

Besides, I'm guessing that the spider had just molted before I took the picture. After a half day, the spiders colors have lightened up considerably. I guess it was just still wet. I'll take a couple more pics tomorrow.

Jon