Name that Spider! (w/Pics)

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here I was wondering if you could name this spider the common name is Asian Goliath Birdeating Tarantula. This is not mine I wanted to see what type of speices it is because I have bidded on it. The person said it was Tame.

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Its certainly not Asian.
It looks like L. parahybana to me.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great! Speices that I wanted because the 2" we had died from the stress of the bad molt he/she had a few weeks ago :(

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If that is asian then I'm....uhh....well it's not asian let's leave it at that.

Looks very much like L. parahybana.

Later,

Jake

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Could it be L. Difficilis? I'm colorblind, but I thought the butt-hairs looked a little red...:?

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I saw that too.did you happen to see any pics of the indian ornamental he had for sale,id say L.Parahybana also.on this one..Rich

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I didn't see the pics but I already have a sub adult to adult female P.Regalis so I really didn't ask for no pics :)

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A me-too post

Not that it hasn't been said already, but it certainly looks like L. parahybana in those pics and it is definitely no Asian species.

Another piece of the argument to always use the scientific name.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definitely not an Asian T. Looks like L. parahybana to me, I could be wrong though.

Andy

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Could it be L. Difficilis? I'm colorblind, but I thought the butt-hairs looked a little red
I have both L. parahybana's and L. difficilis's and I was also thinking that it looks like L. difficilis. My parahybana's have same color hairs on the abdomen that they do on the legs, but my difficilis's have reddish colored hairs on the abdomen only.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well if its up for a molt like it looks to be after the molt if i win it I will post pics and maybe it can be identify

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
very nice looking T l.parahybana more than likely as they have said, but it looks less fuzzy then the one i seen before.

Josh