ArachnoChats

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know that there is a regularly schedulled chat session every Wednesday. But when ever I tune in, there rarely ever is any chatting dealing with arachnids.

I was thinking that it would be really nice if we could get guest speakers to talk about something specifically and then maybe to follow up with a question and answer session.

Idealy, the chat would get archived so that arachnopet members could access them for reference.

Jon

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Rick West has shown up from time to time .....

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, but if there could be something like:

Rick West will be the guest speaker this Wednesday, 7:00 eastern time. He will be discussing his latest trip to Brazil, the deforestation there, and how that affects Avicularia bicegoi.

~~~~~~~

Now I on the other hand, am really interested in this topic. I would really love to find out more. But I've got to work that night and can't make it to the chat. It it was archived, then I would be able to come to this site and learn all about the plight of Avicularia bicegoi, due to the deforestation of its natural habitat in Brazil.

Jon

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i agree that archiving this stuff would be very helpful to the night shift workers.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I'll see what I can do when he gets back from Peru... :)

Scott

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And I'm not just talking about Rick West. Anybody who has contributed to the the scientific database of arachnology could be possible speakers. I'm sure that the ATS and BTS would have a wealth of possible speakers.

Jon

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
SPECIAL ARACHNOCON ARACHNOCHAT: Tuesday 8:30-9:30 pm EST

To coincide with tomorrow's midnight (EST) deadline for ArachnoCon early registration discount and entry into special prize drawings for early registrants, a special Q&A session in the Arachnoboards chat room will be moderated by Debby Scher and Michael Jacobi. This is your chance to ask Debby and Michael any questions regarding ArachnoCon and ArachnoExpo and learn more about the event. We invite everyone - those who have registered, those who plan to or are considering it, and those who cannot make it but would like to learn more about what goes on during the ultimate gathering of arachnid enthusiasts.

Anyone can log into the chat room Tuesday May 1 at 8:30 pm EST (5:30 pm PST). Debby and Michael will be available for one hour to field your questions, let you know about a special chat room offer, and talk about everything from the early bird outing at Choke Canyon Reservoir to the lectures, door prizes, and ArachnoExpo.

This informational chat session will be of great benefit to all attendees and we welcome the opportunity to let those who haven't decided if they will attend know why this is an event that will make their summer.

Please join us and begin the social camaraderie that will continue into our weekend in San Antonio!