My Chaco Golden Knee finally molted!!

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey everybody,
Well, I must admit that my collection of spiders is somewhat more modest than it used to be - I have only four of my best spiders hidden away in my bedroom after that fiasco with the management of my building - but I must admit that I have been really focusing on the care of my remaining babies and it seems that they have all been molting about the same time, I think being tucked away and kept in absolute quiet has stimulated their growth.Anyways, my six inch Chaco Golden Knee ( my VERY first spider that I bought almost three years ago!! ) has finally molted again.The last time she molted was back in March of 2001 and she has not grown since then.She is now quite a bit bigger than she was although I have not been able to accurately measure her since I am leaving her alone for a few days to recover from her molt.

This is a VERY slow growing and sporadically feeding species of spider in my opinion.My specimen "Charlotte" rarely feeds and is basically a "Pet Rock" - she is very docile and handleable.I am really stoked to see that she has molted because she is now going to be a very good sized specimen.I would say now that she is about a hundred dollar spider.

I highly recommend this species as they are very hardy and undoubtedly have a long life span as well.I have had spiders come and go but Charlotte is still ( knock on wood ) plugging in there since the very first day I bought her at PetCenterUSA back in 2001.

The Evil Spider Hunter

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I envy you...since my only Chaco is a little boy :)
He's also terribly slow growing, he is about 3" or so, and hasn't molted since Feb.
I'll have to splurge eventually, and just go ahead and buy a guaranteed female, since all my slings seem to be males ;)

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great to hear about your Chaco, mine is only around 1", so I have a long time to reach the size of your Chaco.

Andy