How much would it cost to next day ship a tarantula!

Joseph Navarro

Arachnopeon
Hi my names Joseph and I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost to next day ship a tarantula that is gauranteed to be alive. Please give me a reply at furb13@verdeonline.com and please hurry I need to know!!

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
If you use USPS, it goes by the size and weight of the box (actually, this is how the price goes for anyone.)
I sent a spider to Michigan for 20-some bucks, Express Mail.

Peace, light & eternal love..
Gillian
)0(

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Joseph Navarro
Hi my names Joseph and I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost to next day ship a tarantula that is gauranteed to be alive. Please give me a reply at furb13@verdeonline.com and please hurry I need to know!!
It depends how far you're shipping it to and how large and heavy the box is. The minimum, for a 8" cubic box via USPS Express, is $17.85. I seldom use Airborne but understand thay're pretty competitive with USPS; FedEx is more--at least $20 in my experience, and usually closer to $25. They are more reliable for longer distances, however, as USPS often won't guarantee overnight if you're destination is more than a few states away.

I would consider an 8" cubic box the minimum for safe shipping in mild weather and would recommend a larger box with more insulation and possibly heat packs this time of year, unless both your location and the package's destination enjoy reliably warm (but not TOO warm) weather.

You can calculate shipping rates online at USPS.com and most other shipping service sites.

Joy

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Joseph Navarro
You know its one thing to ask a question which is the purpose of the board but its another entirely to expect people to jump through hoops and spoon feed the response(s) directly to you via e-mail and then ask for us to hurry to satisfy your personal "needs"!:mad:

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
*Insert generic comment of complaint about using google>sarcasm<*

Wow those prices seem high... In England it's a maximum of £5 for next day. I know that's of little use, just was suprised at the cost of your postage fees

What's the definition of your overnight? Ours is basically before 12 noon next day, or other companies do before 9am.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And I thought our Special Delivery cost (about a fiver for your average tarantula) was extortionate enough.

It only costs about 8€ for deliveries from Holland to the UK, and from Hong Kong to Britain cost me 18€ (2 adult spiders, 3 day freight)

oxbaker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here in Canada I can get overnight shipping via Greyhound for $12.00 Canadian (about 50 cents US haha). That's going from Montreal to (near) London, Ontario (about a 10-12 hour drive). I can live with that.

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by deifiler

Wow those prices seem high... In England it's a maximum of £5 for next day. I know that's of little use, just was suprised at the cost of your postage fees

What's the definition of your overnight? Ours is basically before 12 noon next day, or other companies do before 9am.
well, you also have to take into account distances... the US is quite a bit larger than the UK, so going from one side of the country to the other.... well, I think we get the point.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lopez
And I thought our Special Delivery cost (about a fiver for your average tarantula) was extortionate enough.

It only costs about 8€ for deliveries from Holland to the UK, and from Hong Kong to Britain cost me 18€ (2 adult spiders, 3 day freight)
dont you need like a lisense and stuff to export animals?

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by deifiler

With USPS, it's before noon delivery. With FedEx, the regular overnight just means sometime the next business day, but they also have a slightly more expensive option that will ensure delivery (in most areas, but not if you live in the Boondocks) before 10 AM.

Joy

heyjeyniceid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dude, are you in the Central Arizona Tarantula Society?

its awsome. Its run by Darrin from Golden Phoenix Exotica

and once a month we meet at someones house to talk about T's, scorpions, inverts, whatever.

havnt been to one yet, but Im 99.9% sure im going to the next one.

youi should join up

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The simplest answer is it costs as much as anything else to ship overnite.