Nemesis Divina Molted! But...

RoseHairDivina

Arachnopeon
I was so excited to see my little girl change into her new clothes for the winter, and she is a full-fledged humongous adult now. Wow, she is huge. I feel like a proud mom, since I finally got to witness her change this time--I missed her other molt. I proudly show everyone her exoskeleton.

However...I am a little worried about her. You see, her legs look a little strange. They are really, really thin, and the joints are really exposed. It almost looks like the "fur," or whatever the technical term for it is (sorry if I offend the people who got a 4.0 in taratula anatomy 101, haha=D ) came up short, and it looks ragged. I checked out the tarantula info sheet on this page, but nothing like that was in the description.

Is she like that because she is dehydrated? I can't see how, unless she didn't drink for 2 months, either...please help!:eek:

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sometimes after a molt they do come out looking a little thin and frail.They will go through a period of stretching/laying out flat.Their abdomens and legs will look thin especially if they went on a long fast prior to molt.As long as she has use of all her limbs and she's active and eating I'd not worry too much.Make sure she has access to water and feed her often and as much as she'll take..see if that'll help put some beef on her...and then there's the other possibility...is she a she or is maybe your she really a he?Males have a tendency to be long skinny legged and thin when mature...peace..

JBoyer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Exactly what I was thinking. At one point I had a female 'Charlotte' that I was certain was female and then on Christmas day last year she had her ultimate molt and donned the boxing gloves and really long skinny legs. Needless to say Charlotte was now Charlie! May not be the case but sends up little flags for me!

Jennifer:D

RoseHairDivina

Arachnopeon
That dirty rotten stinking PETCO!! You just totally described my tarantula! She...er...I guess HE, has really, REALLY long skinny-ass legs and those...eh...feeler-things in the front are much thicker than the legs. Damn! Don't male Chilean roses live only a couple years?! Oh, I am so mad! That jerk at Petco assured me that Divina was a GIRL...and she really was not that small when I got her (blah, HIM), and therefore he should have been able to be accurately sexed. His body (excluding the legs) was almost an inch long, I still have the molt.

Is there any way I can check my cross-dressing tarantula to make sure of the gender? I have no idea how to do that. And, are males more aggro than females?

I guess Nemesis Divina is not that anymore. I think I'll name him Igor.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if you bought it as a sexed female, go back and demand a female.... that is what i would do... take the skin also, to have it 100% sure sexed.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
post a pic of the molt if you can, if not a few of the dealers will sex the molt for free, you just pay the shipping