Poecilotheria miranda...

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
Okay...Bored...I might as well post these here too.. :D Some screen captures from my webcam P. miranda handling. :D

brgn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks nice. Mine are half that size. Have you sexed them yet?
BTW how did it work out with your regalis male?

Robert

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
Originally posted by brgn
Looks nice. Mine are half that size. Have you sexed them yet?
BTW how did it work out with your regalis male?

Robert
Hi Robert! :)

Nope I haven't sexed them yet..

And about the regalis, well, I emailed Phalagorn yesterday and he said that there weren't any signs of an eggsack yet.

Angelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
are tarantulas less aggressive/bitey as slings??? i see all these pics of people holding baby pokies, is there less chance of getting bitten, or is it just that there is less venom? thanks for any replies.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I believe its a little of both. I held my baby goliath bird eater all the time. I guess they are just elss intimidating? but I would imagine they could still give you a nasty bite.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
pokes are not aggresive. if they can get away, they will!
and the venom in these little guys is so little....

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Angelo
are tarantulas less aggressive/bitey as slings??? i see all these pics of people holding baby pokies, is there less chance of getting bitten, or is it just that there is less venom? thanks for any replies.
I think it's more of a psychological thing than anything else. Tarantulas in general, once outside of their retreat, are not particularly bitey but, mentally, it takes more cojones to pick up a 7" female regalis versus a 1.5" one even though there is reason to believe that either would make you wish you hadn't been handling if they bit you. I suffer from this mental delusion myself :)

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The monkey summed it up pretty well. For lack of a better term cojones seem to be the main requirement for finding out just how non bitey some of the falsely labled evil species are. Once Ts are on the move they tend not to just tag the 1st thing they walk on but rather continue moving so long as you don't restrain them.

It can be intimidating the 1st time you try and pick up a large poke however.

Phil