how to pull a sac

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok the day that I pull my G rosea sac is aproaching the 26th to be exact. and I was wondering how you guys pull the sac. I mean do you feed them and when they go for the food take it, or do you just grab a pinch and pull it till it lets go. scare it away from it? i really have no idea how to go about this so for those of you that have experience how do I do this? and is 30 days enough for a g rosea or should I wait a few extra days?

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i read that some members use a hairdrier to seperate the t from the sac.

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just tossed in a crick, and when she went after it I snatched the sac, but she was quick to drop the crick and come after me when I did. Of course, I used tongs and was careful to just get a grip on the outer layer of the sac to avoid damaging the slings inside. I believe it was right about 30 days when I pulled it too and most had shed to 1st instar. They've all just had their first molt and gone to 2nd over this past week end and so far no losses. :D

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Myself I simply grab the sack with a pair of tweezers and push her away gently with another pair. They put up a bit of a struggle but as long as you're gentle you can get it with minimal effort.

Phil

DR zuum

ArachnoAntigen
Old Timer
Yep i use a hairdrier they abandon the sac almost immediately no harm done to them or the sac, no pulling or fighting or grabbing for the sac. Just reach in and pick it up.

I watched entomologist steven kutcher using a hairdrier to get spiders and T'S to move and respond how he wanted them to, i tried it and with a little practice it works great,but to each thier own.