New slings

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just got back from trading some slings and came home with a new GBB and a B. boehmi slings.

This little guy pounced on this headless cricket that I threw in. He must have been starving.

Always wanted a Green Bottle Blue. Gorgeous colors on this guy and he's only .75 inches!

Attachments

Last edited:

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The GBB was in a deli container with soaking substrate and with no holes. So, I think I pretty muched saved her's and her dozen or so siblings lives since I nagged them about it. When I came back they all had holes in their lids ;)

Jim B.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She's about 1 inch, and she was on my carpet when I took that pic.

Jim B.

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow, thats a whole lotta cricket for such a small fella - i guess he'll feel better after that meal :)

The GBB is well up on my wish list at the moment - but Ive yet to see any available in the UK :( how fast do those guys grow? they are one of the nicest looking T's in my opinion

Good look with the new slings

cheers,

Stu.

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The GBB is well up on my wish list at the moment - but Ive yet to see any available in the UK
They are available mate,look here under his for sale section.
Brum-Tarantulas
how fast do those guys grow?
They are very fast growing and mature in 18 to 24 months for females!
they are one of the nicest looking T's in my opinion
I think they are over rated big time but that is just my opinion:D
The GBB was in a deli container with soaking substrate and with no holes. So, I think I pretty muched saved her's and her dozen or so siblings lives since I nagged them about it. When I came back they all had holes in their lid
That was lucky as this species dies at the first sign of humidity=D they are very dry tolerant

And last but not least a picture

;)

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think they are over rated big time but that is just my opinion:D
I have cared for my brothers GBB so I know what I'm getting. She's an absolutely ferocious feeder, seemingly never turns down food except in pre-molt. Fast growing and dry tolerant like an Usambara...how many other T's do you know with those attributes? ;)

Although they do web heavily, I find their webbing to be quite interesting and they seem to use it to detect prey more than any species I have encountered.

And they also go through some of the most dramatic color changes of any T. Some have said that their colors are too colorful to the point of being annoying...but that's all in the eye of the beholder ;)

Jim B.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the new additions!! Good pics. GBB's have great qualities like being able to be kept very dry and an incredible feeding response. They do web alot, but like you said Palespider they seem to use the webbing for prey detection, mine has half of it's enclosure webbed up with 2 entrance/exit tunnels and usually sits at one of the openings waiting for prey.

Andy

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Talk about a ferocous apetite, she worked on the cricket all night and just quit a few minutes ago.

Her abdomen is so big now I had a hard time getting it into focus at the same time as her carapace.

The after pic :eek: :

Attachments

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
she/he is completely bloated! I love what the GBB's do, i own 2 of them, a juvie and a sling they do not refuse one meal, and i just love the webbing they do. Nice pics btw.

James