Haplopelma Spp.

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi!
Posting some pics of my Haplopelma? Spp?. I'm not expecting somebody to give me a positive ID, but maybe someone could give me a clue? It was sold as a "Asian Chevron"

Attachments

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi
You cannot give a 100% accurate identification from a photograph, but it looks to me like a Haplopelma, possibly sp."longipedum" or the "Vietnam" species.

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks Lopez. I'll have to try and get the exuvium from it's burrow when it molts, and send it of to someone to get a correct ID.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Haplopelma tend to web the cast exuvium to the floor, but it can be removed if you take care. I'm sending mine to Soren Rafn in a couple of weeks for him to have a look at.

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
man i cant wait to get to a show or order a few of these Asain speices i think they are sooooo pretty! from lividum to longepidum they are all such good looking T's prolly the best looking to be i had a chance to get an Asain chevron for 10 bucks a few months back but i when i got there he had sold it.
anyways thats a great looking T what did you pay for it?

Josh

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks just like my H. "longipedum"

Later,

Jake

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jguy001
man i cant wait to get to a show or order a few of these Asain speices i think they are sooooo pretty! from lividum to longepidum they are all such good looking T's prolly the best looking to be i had a chance to get an Asain chevron for 10 bucks a few months back but i when i got there he had sold it.
anyways thats a great looking T what did you pay for it?

Josh
Hi Josh!

Traded it against a Trap Door Spider and a Centipede which i had imported, so costed me about 20$. The price in the pet store was about 60$, But T's are a little more expensive here in Norway than in the US i think.

senor ocho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's the Haplopelma longipedum, or the T formerly known as Cyriopagopus paganus.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Martin H.
Hi,

Haplopelma longipedum? Who has described this species?

all the best,
Martin
Strange, I can't find that one on the Platnick list? :? ;-)

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Anyone know when these "new" Haplopelma spp. will be described and given a proper Species name?

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,

Haplopelma longipedum? Who has described this species?

all the best,
Martin
I believe the name "longipedum" is unofficial. That's why it has the quotation marks.

Jake

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,

"senor ocho" didn't use quotation marks, that's the reason why I have asked. With quotation marks and even better with a "sp." or "spec." like Haplopelma sp. "longipedum", no problem from my side. Otherwise it is a "fales statement" because it suggests that it is a described species.

all the best,
Martin
Ohhh I see ;)

senor ocho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very well, quotation marks added. "longipedum" Since they bumped this from Cyriopagopus and slapped it in Haplopelma, longipedum is what they're considering. Oops, forgot the quotations again. "longipedum"

senor ocho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Martin,
Not even a concern, I figured you'd get the joke. If we can't laugh at ourselves, truly, who can we laugh at?

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
sorry, I didn't – maybe because I am not a native English speaker and are not so "sensitive" for allusions. I thought you wanted to say that they have transfered Cyriopagopus paganus to Haplopelma sp. "longipedum"
anyway, probably all that systematic stuff is boring most T keepers...

all the best,
Martin
Hi Martin,
Do you think Volker will describe the Haplopelma Sp. "Longipedum or will he wait for more info on the C. Paganus holotype?, andand what about the "aureopilosum"?

I'm at least very interested in "that systematic stuff" :)
Is there any kind of temporary key to the Haplopelma Sp. "Longipedum? And were can i get hold of it?

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks Martin!
I'll take a look at it and see if i can figure it out.