T. blondi troubles - with pics :)

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Be sure to give her a bowl of water and a place to hide! Other wise it looks pretty good to me. I have a female the same size.

Bob

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hmm yes about the troubles...

Well the trouble was it's not any more(hopefully) that she was in a very bad condition - she looked ready to die..her legs were almost all the way tucked in and man was she stressed...she wouldn't feed or anything...she just stayed still not moving - almost dead or waiting for her death. The good thing is that all is well - she now streches her legs and roams at night - she's agressive little beast. really funny when she tries to kick me with he back legs....never seen a T do that before..but I heard Megaphobema robustum does that..they must be related or something.

have a nice day.

geo

Guido

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i dont know if you know this, but she is not trying to kick you, she's kicking hairs AT you:?

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Guido - Io so circa ciò...I know how Ts throw hairs.

This is a different style of defense mechanism. SHE kicks her back legs lifting her body with her front legs and trying to kick with her back legs....really weird. Never seen this behaivior before.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Where on earth (or in California anyway) did you find a 6" blondi for $60.00? Did they have any more?

Having bought way too many WCs at pet stores, I am finding they are ALWAYS dehydrated and perk right up when given water, hopefully, it's the same with her. I think I've heard that t. blondis can actually DIE of stress.... true?:?

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi MizM

I found it at montclair in some herp store - it was almost dying. The person gave it to me for $60 probably because he tought it was going to die any ways - they didn't have any thing else besides pedes and rosies. any ways she was really beat up and stressed. she's all good now after a few days of drinking and eating.

Last edited:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
AGREED! And, I would have even driven the 1/2 hour to Montclair for THAT deal! Congrats!!

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Good save man And Nice T... Post again with pics when she molts out all healthy and pretty!

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I must say it looks very much like a Megaphobema velvetosoma, especially on the third picture (swollen femur 3rd leg)
The behaviour of legkicking sounds like Megaphobema too.
But pictures are just pictures... :)

/Lelle