Could she be any more pretty?

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
My Avicularia versicolor molted today! She just gets more and more colorful every time. I took her out for a few photos once she had several hours to relax. Check out the shine on this baby :)

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
This one should give a good idea of her size. She's about 3.5", by my guess.

-Bryan

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Is yours defensive at all? Mine is nasty-mean. Last time I tried to work with her, she reared up at me.
Not a friendly spider at all.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by rknralf
Is yours defensive at all? Mine is nasty-mean. Last time I tried to work with her, she reared up at me.
Not a friendly spider at all.
Mine's a little angel 95% of the time. That's pretty normal for the species, from what I understand.

-Bryan

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine is pretty nasty-mean too :/

Mine moulted yesterday! Though it's a fair bit smaller than yours is Mr. Eternal

I got to it shortly after moulting, and took a video of it's heart beating, visible through the soft abdominal tissue. It's fairly big in size though, so I can't upload it to my website really.. I could probably email it to anyone particularly interested though, they're only 4 seconds long or so.

Here's some pics of mine to keep the thread going. I assume mine should look as nifty within a few months! Do you know the gender of yours by the way? Sorry for being retarded, I don't know if "she" indicates female, or just used as a personifcation kind of thing. I'm going with male for my spider on the limited details I've got.

Picture one of three, for scale reference

Attachments

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by deifiler
Do you know the gender of yours by the way? Sorry for being retarded, I don't know if "she" indicates female, or just used as a personifcation kind of thing.
I'm fairly good at sexing from about 1 inch and up. That said, I tend to get small arboreals wrong.

This spider has looked like it was female from about 1 inch onward. I haven't seen a change yet, so I'm starting to assume I was right :)

-Bryan

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheEternal
My Avicularia versicolor molted today! She just gets more and more colorful every time. I took her out for a few photos once she had several hours to relax. Check out the shine on this baby :)

-Bryan
Could she be any more pretty?

I really don't see how.:eek:

That Versi. is knock your dick in the dirt, pretty.. WOW!!! :p

I mean it, WOW!!!

Ern

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
That is some awesome coloring!! Very nice! You can send her to

MrFeexit
800 hishouselane
Wisconsin

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
OOoooohh, great looking versi you've got there! I can hardly wait for my little blue fuzzy sling to grow up and look something like yours :D

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sweet looking spider.....The versicolor is the only Avicularia that I really want.....and after seeing these pics its moved up my list. Thanks for sharing. :)