eggs with legs galore!!!

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok so I pulled my G. rosea sac 1 day early. and what did I find you ask... it looks like they are all eggs with legs. so I have a question or tow. how long before they will molt into their first instar? and do they darken before they molt? or is there any sign. and is there anything I should special untill they molt?

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats man, I hope you have a good turnout.

later

dale

ps, the critters seem to be doing fine

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh and I just have to say that this is the most rewarding moment in my years in the hobby. it just gives you a good fealing to know that you helped create a new generation of spiders that will one day be someones pet.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fantastic effort triple J!!! :)
That is one species that the hobby (or the pet trade in general) needs more successful breeding of. Great job Ninja!

Atrax

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok so what do you guys think, leave them in the sac, or dump them into the towel so I can seperate whats bad. and I am correct in assuming that they no longer need to be turned?

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sew up the sac and turn for another week or so. can't hurt, only help.

perry

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At this point I would gently spread them out into a paper towel incubator setup. That way all of them will have plenty of room to molt easily. They will darken before molting. congrats

Phil

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok awsome I will set up the kritter keeper style incubator. I think that will work well so they can all have plenty of room. do I have to worry about fungus and things like that.
actualy could someone tell me pretty much step by step what I should do. I know how to do the deli cup meathod but for K.K.'s I don't know if I should cover the top or what?

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you said "one day early"....exactly how long was that??
i got a G. rosea sittin on a sack now for 2 weeks today.....just curious how long she is gonna be on it before i attempt to get it from her.................

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Grats man. Mine went first instar at about 5 weeks. A few of them had already gone mobile when I opened the sack and I did the hammock incubator routine. It is a great feeling though. :D

DR zuum

ArachnoAntigen
Old Timer
Nice sac bro, they will go 1st in about 10 to 14 days, turn dark eventually almost black/ dark brown on body legs will stay light except at the tips these will go black at the tip 2 or 3 days before they start moulting. I run mne at 86 to 88 degrees, they average about 14 to 16 days to moult at that temp into 2nd, at least in my experience with them, good luck bro is mom wc?

Last edited: