How 'bout: Pictures of escapees / free rangers.

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The thread "most dreadful experience. . ." got me thinking how humorous it can be when T's get out and have the run of the place for a while. Yes I know, must be careful, blah blah blah but even so sometimes it still happens. One time I was filling up the water dish in the t tank and got a call. Well I was on the phone for a while and when I got done I thought "Hey there's a cool show on" so I watched the tube for an hour or two. When it was time for bed I glanced over at the t cage and saw the lid was still off. "Ooops" I looked in the cage and of course it was gone, even though it didn't climb a lot. I looked for a couple hours and then thought "well it'll show up eventually". I made sure to be careful where I steped and kept an eye out as I was going about my day to day routine and then one night a few days later I was sitting at my desk and noticed a dark spot on the wall out of the corner of my eye. I never saw it climbing, it was just there when I looked.

Attachments

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
. . .and caught. I saw him up there and wondered how I was going to get him down but then I thought "I've GOT to get some pictures". I just held the tupperware thing under him and he crawled right in. His attitude seemed to be "thank God, I was wondering how the hell I was going to get down" =D (He's a terrestrial.) I put him back in his cage and he hid for a couple days like he was glad to be home and no more DAMN adventures :) .

Attachments

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
an AWOL juvenile H. lividum back at my old apartment where I had an AWOL Milk Snake that never returned... :(

-Kelly

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey felix... what species is that? Havent any T's go awol yet... but had a 2" S.heros pede pull a houdini... never found it(about a month now) I assume its dead or will be soon... hopefully...

NEMESIS_112

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My drama where I live gets me a lil nervous because i dont want to lose my kritters. I live with my brother and sister in law in their house. I just started collecting T's recently and have 24 total (for now). They didnt let me keep a dog so i got interested in T's. I have been warned by my sister in law that if one ever gets out, that was it, they were gone. She is all freaked out because she has a newborn which is her first and is afraid if one gets out and bites her. i dont have any pokies. well i came home one night after school and i always put my back pack in the same place every day, outside the bathroom door when i go take my contacts off. When i was about to throw my backpack against teh wall i noticed a black spot along the trim of the wall. IT WAS A LOOSE T!!! (A. Behlei). I keep him in a container where the top just sits in place and does not clip to anything. I guess with his powerful strength he pushed it up. I put him back without my sister in law noticing, thank god. or else she would have had a fit and my whole collection would have been destroyed. I have been noticing the T's behavior and he climbs to the top and pushes and tries to get out. all the time. He is in a beta container made of plastic, maybe someone has seen them before. no pics though sorry, just wanted to share my story.
Adrian

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Deliverme314
hey felix... what species is that? Havent any T's go awol yet... but had a 2" S.heros pede pull a houdini... never found it(about a month now) I assume its dead or will be soon... hopefully...
Heh heh. . .had to laugh about that "hopefully" :) I emailed a guy at ATS and told him where it was caught (Just north of Salt Lake City) and he said that a. iodious is the only one in my neck of the woods so I guess that's what it is. I've had it three years or so now.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Yeah, "hopefully" caught my attention too... But then I understand where that's coming from, as even a 2" S.heros will give you a nasty painful bite if you happen to find it in your shoe :eek:

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Mendi
Yeah, "hopefully" caught my attention too... But then I understand where that's coming from, as even a 2" S.heros will give you a nasty painful bite if you happen to find it in your shoe :eek:
as woth most of you... my roomate/girlfriend would insist I get rid of everything if they knew I had an escapee... so I am hoping its shriveled up in a corner... cant imagine finding it a year down the road... that would be a damn scary sight...

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
On the up side you probably wouldn't have any bugs around LOL