lots of moulting goin' on =D

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
here are my rosie slings.

i gave the sac to dr zuum about 10/25 or so. it was about 3 weeks old at that point. they were eggs with legs at 10/29. they're going into 2nd instar now. must be well over a hundred there. thanks to the effective treatment and attentiveness of dr zuum there were no dead ones at all. if anyone wants to have him help with your first sac, i highly advise it.

perry

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
about 2 1/2 weeks at 82 degrees/65% humidity. i hope dr zuum pops into this thread, since he had them at his house during that time.

perry

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
WOW... isnt that quick... eggs with leggs to first instar in 2 1/2 weeks then to 2nd in about as much if not less... that seems fast... right on.

DR zuum

ArachnoAntigen
Old Timer
Thats about the average time for all my sacs i run at 86 to 88 degrees 60 % humidity constant ,perry got the temp wrong there. No biggie, its not fast its just the temp. Temp controls development, ive seen it over and over and over. Im sure some folks will disagree and maybe in thier experience it hasnt.

But it mine it always has regardless the species. from eggs with legs to 1st about 10 to 14 days from 1st to second about 14 to 18 days every time just like clockwork. Im glad youre happy Perry may they all live and prosper for you. Hatchout was 100% no deaths all the way through to 2nd which is where they are at now. Nice healthy little guys too, should grow into some fine specimens.

The service i offered is for folks with sacs at 28 to 35 days with no sign of development, it helps me to perfect a technique ive developed for underdeveloped eggs. And if the eggs are viable you get a sac full of slings we both win. To me its always about refinement improving every time if possible, deli cups are fine ive used them as well, but the method i use now is far superior to that.

And that statement may upset some deli cup hatchers, but i mean no offense, but in having done deli cup myself, i can see the difference. I also pull all my sacs as soon as they are made. Not that the female couldnt do it but this removes the chance of mishap, ie mom eating it ,temp fluctuation, humidity etc.By me taking it over.

I usually get 100 % hatchout no deaths through to second, or if there are, the highest death count, ive had so far since using the technique im working with now is 6. The sac from pdrake was 30 days with no development whatsoever, treatment applied then put in incubator at the afore mentioned setting. You see the result.:)

Last edited:

DR zuum

ArachnoAntigen
Old Timer
Any time bro, but id try to help you by info and what to do yourself if youre attempting a breeding. The sac inspection/ hatching service im offering is for sacs that are over 27 days old with no development visible.

The oldest sac ive used the treatment on was 57 days no development whatsoever species A. seemanni, it worked on that one as well 100% hatchout. As long as the eggs arent dessicated and fertile it has worked. But i need to do more testing before i put it forth as a absolute,hence the offer to those with undeveloped sacs over 28 to 35 days.

Last edited: