molt,

Cheesy

Arachnopeon
what do spiders do after a molt? like behaviorwise....
is it normal for them to stretch their legs long out an lay there for a while????

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Some post-molt behavior

Cheesy, I don't often note the "pokie stance" you seem to be referring to following a molt, although any of my spiders will do that here and there. The most frequent post-molt stance they show is scrunched-up and hiding the prosoma for at least a short period of time after righting themselves- :8o?. Cheers,
Terry.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually most of mine only do the "pokie stance" post molt.. After a month or so.. They wont do the "pokie stance" as often..

Being stretched out like that is completely normal after a molt..

mhill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Several species I have kept have done the "Pokie Stretch" for a few days after molting. I have seen this in B. smithi, G. rosea, G. pulchra, and N. chromatus to name a few. I even had one female G. rosea that did it constantly...I jokingly referred to her as my P. rosea quite often.

Cheesy

Arachnopeon
thanks guys. this is the first successful molt, my avic died in molt and im just kinda worried. but this is a good spider. :]

mOtOjUnKiE

Arachnopeon
My G. Pulchra sling that I caught molting, after it was completely out of the old body, it stayed on its back stretching its legs for a few hours..I'm guessing trying to gain some strength back or something...maybe keep the joints from hardening up? I dunno why they do it, but its so cool to watch :)