Sucking Mouthparts?

KidMunti

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think my 1.5" Avic avic lost its sucking mouthparts during its last molt. For 4x now I tried giving her different prey items but this baby T will just drop the food after holding it for 6 to 8 hours...and always unchewed. Never ate a complete meal since last molt and now I cannot see its abdomen

Is there anything I can do to help this tiny beast?

Chalmer
:(

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Try putting it in a ICU with a moist paper towel,
bring up the temp, and put in a dark closet or somewhere like that. Then tonite add a wounded cricket.

Whats the temp its at now? How much air flow? How big is it?
Any white crud around its mouth?

Ernie

KidMunti

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is already in an ICU set-up since monday.
Temp is around 75-78F. Ventilation is good. No white crud/stuff coming off its mouth. I just hope that it can sip up the droplets of water I sprayed on one side of the container.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by KidMunti
I think my 1.5" Avic avic lost its sucking mouthparts during its last molt. For 4x now I tried giving her different prey items but this baby T will just drop the food after holding it for 6 to 8 hours...and always unchewed. Never ate a complete meal since last molt and now I cannot see its abdomen

Chalmer
When they molt, they lose their esophagus and sucking stomach, don't they? I would think the problem would be if they DIDN'T shed these parts. CM, didn't you have a GBB that this happened to?:?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Your right MizM,
They shed them. I once posted a good pic of them.
I'll try to find it after I get home tonite, and post the link..:)

Ern

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by KidMunti

Chalmer

I'm definitely not an expert or anything but if you've run out of things to try you might try this. This is kinda gross but here goes. Try cutting open a cricket and using a toothpick and an eyedropper mix up and water down the insides. Then using the eyedropper place a drop or two of the liquid where the mouth is on the T. Maybe some nutrients would bleed in by capilary action. I'd for sure try it with just plain water. I don't know if this would work but if it's trying this or letting it die, it couldn't hurt to try.