Havn't unleashed a swarm of pics for a while... ^_^

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi everyone,

Havn't had much time for photography recently, but over the past few days I've taken a couple of pics. Not of many species, but for the first time ever, picture sof my Haplopelma lividum! Wooo!

There's a fair few to attach, and on 56k (well technically 46 it runs at :( it should take a while)

First up: Sub male Nhandu coloratovillosum feasting on a cricket

Attachments

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fourth...

Same size spider here, same species and from same brood. It's a bit blurred, but the best that I have at the moment for juxtaposing the two. I'll get a few more, one day!

I'm thinking that phalgorn's "Sexing P Ornata" will be applicable here with time ... ^_^

Attachments

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fifth picture...

Megaphobema velvetosoma. Female around five inches... This is a hard spider to photograph due to its tendancies to run, hide, or generally curl up in a defensive/hiding style. By far the most 'shy' spider I have

Last edited:

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eighth picture...

Theraphosa blondi "spiderling"! I think male, from exuviums and the external genitalia so far. It's moulted three twice since I bought it. I didn't realise ti was actually this big until I rulered it.

Attachments

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eleventh picture...

Here's my Haplopelma "minax". This is the limit of pics of this spider, it won't come out the burrow as usal. Ah well, I tried!

Attachments

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for your patience guys :) It's been an HOUR since my first post! Dam slow internet

Last pic is appropriately themed: Tasty lividum scarpering into her nest!

:rolleyes:

Hopefully that butt contains some eggs, seeing as she had some copulation a few motnhs back.

Attachments

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice pics there mate!!!!! i see a pic of your sub Nhandu!!!! he's got a good time ahead of him when he earns his spurs!!!!! my female is looking forward to that!!!!!!:}

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by deifiler
Sixth picture...

Acanthoscurria chacoana opisthosoma area
I thought the one with the setae on the carapace was the real Nhandu somethingorother, and the A. chacoana was the 'pet trade' one?

Bill

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by neil
Very nice pics there mate!!!!! i see a pic of your sub Nhandu!!!! he's got a good time ahead of him when he earns his spurs!!!!! my female is looking forward to that!!!!!!:}
Aye! That is him! He stopped eating though so I was expecting a moult. Figured I'd offer him a cricket incase, and he got one! Ho-hum! I'll pump it full of food and hope it matures before the new year!

posted by conipto
I thought the one with the setae on the carapace was the real Nhandu somethingorother, and the A. chacoana was the 'pet trade' one?

Bill
oooo I wasn't aware of that. Anyone know which nhandu it actually is? I just bought it as the chacoana and until now I was unaware of the conspiracies

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sweet pictures!

I think it could be a good idea to mail some to arachnopets.com so that they can add some more lividum pics.

I have some thaughts about Lividums:
I don't recall seeing spinderlings awailible for this species, does this mean that they are all WC? I would be wery interested in reading about breeding attempts for this species.

/Dave

Last edited: