G. rosea medical problem...

Dispeyr

Arachnopeon
Rather noobish question, I'm afraid...I just noticed an oddity with my G. rosea T; specifically, a couple globs of yellowish goo in the area she normally occupies. I've inspected her for any signs of injury, and found none, but there does seem to be a droplet of the same yellow goo near her spinnerets.

Does anyone know what this is, and how I might go about fixing it? I'm hoping it's either something benign, or an infection of sorts that can be cleared up. Thanks in advance.

Dispeyr

Arachnopeon
I'd hope so, but it looks like too much material for that to be the case, and I've noticed she's leaving little trails of it in her wake.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
when i look into my GBB's tank, i see big globs of web. like if you let a pen sit and begin to write it leaves a glob

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
definatly eggs there used to be some good pictures on this site of their ts doing it and it looking like they were injured.
has ur Rosie been extremly fat latley?

Dispeyr

Arachnopeon
Not horribly plump, no. She's in good condition otherwise, and shows no signs that anything's wrong; she's still eating, she reacts quickly to touch, and she's still mobile.

I suppose it's not actually anything wrong. My apologies for seeming like a complete idiot, but she's my first T, and the only book I've read stated that fecal matter was tiny and crytsalline, and that egg sacs were much larger than these globs. I'd rather have overracted this way than done nothing and possibly lost her, though.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
collect a sample and send ti to reism. that'll satisfy you as they'll deterine it/...

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
The poop (scientific word) looks much like white bird poop, sometimes it is yellow, sometimes pale brown and depending on how much they decide to get rid of I have had very large blobs of it or just a small spot. Sometimes it's on the side of the tank soemtimes its in a corner. Sounds like you have tarantula poop tho.

Dispeyr

Arachnopeon
No, it more closely resembled what might come out of a bird that got into some banana pudding.

I'm going with the poop theory, especially since it's been this long, and she's still doing fine. No more has appeared, either.

Thanks, everyone. I apologize for my ignorance once again.