quick question

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well i found the contanier my (what i thought was a mexican red-rump) came in and it said brazillian redrump is there a such thing? if so are they aggressive mines been kicking a ton of hairs, it looks just like all the 1" mexican redrumps ive seen it is very nerous it has a burrow and it'll come out every now and then and when i come over to look at it he/she runs back into it?

Josh

brachymad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We have 2 Brachypelma Vagans (Mexican redrump) that behave very much like yours ,they are terrible to Photograph every time i get the camera they have gone back down their burrows.

bigTimeLoser89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i never herd of a brazillian redrump myself but it does sound like you've got a mexican redrump thier.

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Yup...not very social at all. Kinda like "I'm pretty and you can't look"

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
how much would a 1-1.5" mexi. red-rump cost i paid 10$ for mine

Josh

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It could be Lasiodora dificilis. They are Brazilian, I believe. They also are quick to do a defense display and kick hairs, even as spiderlings, in my experience. They have red hairs on their rumps as adults and I've seen them sold as "Brazilian Fiery Red."
Hope that helps...

-Kelly

webspinner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I don't think you got a Brazilian Redrump (G. actaeon). If you did you would have paid a lot more than $10.00.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Probably just a B. vagans, with the erroneus common name.
Andy