PDA

View Full Version : Anyone keep Thelephonus sp. caudatus?

Reptiliatus
05-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble finding adequate research on keeping this species, let alone any pictures of them! I ordered one off of Tarantula Canada because they were selling like hot cakes and vinegaroons are rarely available in Canada + I wanted one :P!

Anyways, are they kept nearly the same as Mastigoproctus giganteus because I could only find caresheets on these guys. It's not normally like me to purchase a specimen without knowing it's care requirements but I have plenty of experience with other arachnids and really didn't think it would be this hard to find info on this species...:?

If anyone part of the online community might have some advice, facts, etc on keeping these guys or some pics to share I would greatly appreciate the help! :) I have a 1 inch specimen arriving sometime tomorrow. :D

Thanks, Dayyan

Mack&Cass
05-18-2010, 02:26 PM
We keep ours with deep coco coir substrate and moderately humid and a water dish.
A very cool species.
Mackenzie

Reptiliatus
05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks Mackenzie!

How long have you had yours? Does this species get very big? How are it's feeding habits/how often do you feed it (once a week)? I saw your picture of your specimen on another thread. Is that a recent picture?