standing T

Shox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my T blondi has walked a few times around the perimeter of its tank (90 gallon). and in every corner she stands up on two legs and makes a nice pose for my camera...but why? usually she sits in her den, or she kinda comes out in the open and sits to wait for a cricket to walk by.

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Just looking around. They all seem to do this at some time or other. Just kind of getting a feel for the territory. Hey how does she seem to like the big tank? I mean does she seem like she is adjusting?

Shox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i dunno exactly what a 'well adjusted' T would be like. but until now, she seemed to behave as I expected, i.e. remaining in her den until dusk, then coming out and looking around the tank for food, mostly just sitting out in the open, and then by morning returning to her den.

I fed her 10 large crickets over the past 4 days and she seems to be walking off the weight lol... just seems odd. but i do like to see her walk and pose for the camera lol.

as far as all the concerns about her not finding her food...she finds crickets as soon as they hit the ground, cuz i throw then right next to her lol. actually, one time i didn't get the C right next to her, but hte cricket quickly fled to the T's den for shelter...hehe.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blondi's need alot of food to keep weight on them, try a pinkie or fuzzy mouse, that packs the weight on them!! That or a ton of crickets.

Andy

Shox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have a problem in regards to obtaining pinkies and such...non of the pet stores in my area (3 of them, petco and petsmart being two) sell pinkies...or perhaps the personel i talked with there had no idea what a pinkie was, because they all did have rather blank stares when i asked...anyone buy pinkies from either petco or petsmart?

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
From what I gathered here they are reluctent to sell them as a food source. You can also try raw chicken breast although you may have to simulate live movement. See if you can get shold of some of the larger raoch species. These are wayyyy bigger than crickets and smell way less.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my larger Ts love hissers.
isnt using vert.s as feeders illegal in some places?

Shox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'll try to get sum hissing roaches.

i bought a cow heart the other day too. it's huge hehe.