so i went looking for tupperware to keep a cobalt blue in

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and i couldn't find anything that was either the right size or see through. i looked at walmart and meijer. i imagine i'll either have to order something online, or i'll just end up having to keep it in a kritter keeper.

they won't need that much room after they burrow will they?

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rubbermaid has some nice containers. They're their stain resistant line and crystal clear. That's why I bought them, because of the clarity of the plastic. I found them in Walmart.

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i got a realy nice burrowing container from k-mart or somewere its about 12" high 10" wide very nice easy to see threw and it is pretty much escape proof i paid 4 bucks for it i keep a 3" h.gigas in it. it can keep a much bigger T in im sure of, but i think it is plenty big for an h.gigas or a h.lividum kinda, check their, or if it is a big cobalt get a 10 gal and fill it with potting soil and peatmoss and put some fake plants in it, my burrowers dont always stay in their burrows but like to hide behind plants.

Josh

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They seriously dont need that much space... just go get a 8 buck 5.5 gallon... that is what my mature female is in and she is quite happy.

Ryan V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These are the containers that my burrowing species are in.....

They are clear, plastic, cheap, and allow more than 10" of burrowing room (1 gallon).

Last edited:

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by xBurntBytheSunx
and i couldn't find anything that was either the right size or see through. i looked at walmart and meijer. i imagine i'll either have to order something online, or i'll just end up having to keep it in a kritter keeper.

they won't need that much room after they burrow will they?
do you have a wholesale or club type grocery outlet in your area? (costco, smart & final, etc.) I have found that especially smart & final has a huge assortment of different sized containers that work well for enclosures and they are about half the price of rubbermaid brand.
Ed